[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Islam: A False Religion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
however i am quite offended that all muslims are being grouped under various names. Sure, some muslims are like that, but the vast majority, like a lot of religions, are good people who couldn't give a **** whether their girls wear a hijab or a hat or nothing at all on their heads. The vast majority of us muslims took more offense from the protests following the Danish cartoons than the cartoons themselves

Im not saying that being muslim means you are a bad person. But truely? If you took so much offense then why did any of us hear anything from you guys? All I ever saw were riots and people being killed and flags being burned. And it wasn't just in 1 country, there were riots in every country that had a sizeable muslim population. You see why it is so hard to believe that islam is peaceful? People make fun of Jesus and the Pope and the Jews etc., but no one goes on murderous riots. Of course we Christians are offended but to do what the muslims were doing just wouldn't be Christ-like. Truely if you followers of Islam are peaceful, then prove it! Show us what harmony Islam is capable of. I want you to prove me wrong. Show me that your God is not a God of hate, because that is all I can see even though I have deeply scrutinized Islam. When the so-called "bad" muslims take to the streets, you take to the streets and put them in thier place! Stop the killing and the flag burning and I will take notice... and I wont be the only one.
anusiya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here aren't I. And so is the rest of the Ahmadi community.

I know its hard to believe - but (and I'll use the same example because I am terrible at history) I bet the 11th century Muslims thought Christianity was a violent religion because a group of european barbarians had come to their land and destroyed a large portion of it. And we all know Christianity isnt a violent religion.

We Ahmadis prefer to get outr views accross more peacefully. Going to a protest and hacking down Muslim fanatics is hardly a way to go about it - and neither is standing on a podium while their lobbing flaming petrol tanks at you preaching. We sent out letters, broadcasted programs etc saying how disgusted we were by the response to the cartoons. Trouble is, letters and radio broadcasts dont get put on the news very much.

Although, yes, I agree, we should do more to get rid of those fanatics peacefully and take our reputation back!
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I would hope you do. too many have suffered under the name of islam. I am just so tired of hearing about so much killing from a "peaceful" religion. There is simply no excuse for what these bastards are doing. I can't go to Iran because I am a christian but I long to. Everytime I see pictures of how beautiful Iran is and I realize that I can't see it for myself... I cry. I miss my country though I have never seen it. I just want it all to end...
Winston06

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrizian wrote:
Quote:
however i am quite offended that all muslims are being grouped under various names. Sure, some muslims are like that, but the vast majority, like a lot of religions, are good people who couldn't give a **** whether their girls wear a hijab or a hat or nothing at all on their heads. The vast majority of us muslims took more offense from the protests following the Danish cartoons than the cartoons themselves

Im not saying that being muslim means you are a bad person. But truely? If you took so much offense then why did any of us hear anything from you guys? All I ever saw were riots and people being killed and flags being burned. And it wasn't just in 1 country, there were riots in every country that had a sizeable muslim population. You see why it is so hard to believe that islam is peaceful? People make fun of Jesus and the Pope and the Jews etc., but no one goes on murderous riots. Of course we Christians are offended but to do what the muslims were doing just wouldn't be Christ-like. Truely if you followers of Islam are peaceful, then prove it! Show us what harmony Islam is capable of. I want you to prove me wrong. Show me that your God is not a God of hate, because that is all I can see even though I have deeply scrutinized Islam. When the so-called "bad" muslims take to the streets, you take to the streets and put them in thier place! Stop the killing and the flag burning and I will take notice... and I wont be the only one.

Nope. Majority of Muslims are law abiding people who don't give a %%%% to whatever happens in their world and they just want to live peacefully.

Any way, Islam is our question not moderate muslims!

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nope. Majority of Muslims are law abiding people who don't give a %%%% to whatever happens in their world and they just want to live peacefully.

But they have to see that it is up to the moderate muslims to change our view of islam. If the fanatics are the only ones we ever hear about then the whole world will think that muslims are barbarians.
This "law" that they abide is also a problem. A few days ago I heard a story in Iran about a girl that killed a guy who was trying to rape her. If she had let him, she would have been stoned to death under sharia law but because she did kill him, now she is going to be hanged. So she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't! What kind of law is that!

Cyrizian
mojack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at a book via the internet called phrophet of doom.
it has given me a lot to see into the islamic faith .
Now can someone answer me this simple question did not persia have one of the earliest monotheistic religions????
And how did persia succumb to islame ???
Im still trying to figure out how a great empire /sociaty fell to the islame .
anusiya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now can someone answer me this simple question did not persia have one of the earliest monotheistic religions???

Yes. Its called Zoroastrianism

Quote:
And how did persia succumb to islame ???

Its called a conquest.
As to how a small group of arab nomads managed to defeat both the Romans and the Persians, with smaller numbers and inferior weapons, is completely unknown to me.
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to history a giant sandstorm disrupted the Persian armies at the battle of qadisiyyeh. Allowing the Arabs to defeat the Persians. Many scholars believe that if the persian armies had waited for the arabs to come onto thier territory, the persians would have won the battle but because the persians ventued into the desert to fight the arabs, they were defeated. So bad jugement and foolish military decisions + Natual desaster = Arabs Win.

As for the Romans they never fought the Arabs the Romans were defeated by the Barbarians (too many different tribes to name) and the Arabs just walked into Roman territory.

And technically Zorastrianism is not monotheistic. Its Dualistic because in Zoroastrianism, there are 2 Gods, Ahura Mazda and Ahriman. Both equally powerful and both opposing each other. Whereas in Christianity Judaism and even Islam, There is only 1 God and Satan is a rebellious subordinate.
anusiya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for the Romans they never fought the Arabs the Romans were defeated by the Barbarians (too many different tribes to name) and the Arabs just walked into Roman territory.

I meant East Romans. Ok, I suppose it was the Turkish who did them in, not arabs.

Quote:
Both equally powerful and both opposing each other. Whereas in Christianity Judaism and even Islam, There is only 1 God and Satan is a rebellious subordinate.

the zoroastrian belief makes sense as to why god hasnt destroyed satan yet - because he is as powerful as she is.
That makes sense to me. Just like 1 + -1 = 0 (or various other similar thingies)

As for the sandstorm .... well, u can probably tell what I'm about to say about it ......
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True but in Zoroastrianism, God does destroy Satan in the end.

No the sandstorm was not of God's design. If that what you were thinking. It was pride and pride alone that did the Persians in. And only by humility can we as Persians regain our past glory.
anusiya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, in that case the formula for zoroastrianism is
1.000001 + - 1 = 0.000001 (as in an "in the end" kind of defeat like you said)

Pride? as in the "ha ha i am superior" kind of pride?
Apparently thats a sin.

And yes ..... it was what i was thinking about the sandstorm ......
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a sin and though I admire the courage of Yazdgird III, I agree with those scholars. The persians thought they were so superior to the sand dwellers that they thought they could defeat them even on their own turf. They were wrong. But like I said before, it takes a disaster to wake people up sometimes. Islam's triumph was the disaster, and the redemption will come when all iranians get over their pride and decide to do what is right. What Cyrus would have done.

Are you saying that Ahura Mazda could only beat Ahriman by such a slim margin? Many Zoroastrians would probably take offense to that.

Contrary to popular belief, natural disasters are not "acts of God." God doesn't work like that. Its not his style.
anusiya

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that 0.000001 bit doesnt mean slim margin, it simply means (here) that it takes time (as you said - AH defeats Ahriman "in the end")
Bergoth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess Allah is not god, (THERE'S NO GOD BUT A DEITY).
but a deity.

Do you know that Muhammad was influenced and even imitated Christianity and Judaism?

Let Salman Rushdie tell the truth, Dont scare at the fatwa, for the fatwa will end up ripped by the hand of god!
anusiya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely god = deity (???) Confused

Quote:
Do you know that Muhammad was influenced and even imitated Christianity and Judaism?

I'm going to assume your one of those people like me who like bridging gaps in understanding and stuff ... as a muslim im going to say now that because all three of these faiths are abrahamic, they're bound to show masses of similarities (just like mongolian and turkish, which are both altaic languages) and rather he didnt imitate but did it by himself / with god's help / you get the picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: