[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello All!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Connolly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Hello All! Reply with quote

Hello,
My name is Megan Connolly, I'm 16 years old and I'm from the U.S.
I don't really have much affection for either political party here. I guess you can say I'm a classical liberal: tranlsated- I sit on the fence when it comes to modern American politics. I don't think that the world's largest finger painting is going to stop the war and I don't think that the Geneva Conventions are in any way "outdated" but I give and take from each side.
I do believe, however, in the basic freedoms of people (all people...not just wealthy, pious, men) and that Iran deserves to live the next 25 years in peace and freedom.
Fight the good fight!
liberté, égalité, fraternité
Thy songs were made for the pure and free,
They shall never sound in slavery!"
- Thomas Moore
Parvaneh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hello All! Reply with quote

Hi Megan and welcome ! Smile Smile

16 years old but so interesting, intelligent

Vive le BON combat pour une vraie liberté !

Connolly wrote:
Hello,
My name is Megan Connolly, I'm 16 years old and I'm from the U.S.
I don't really have much affection for either political party here. I guess you can say I'm a classical liberal: tranlsated- I sit on the fence when it comes to modern American politics. I don't think that the world's largest finger painting is going to stop the war and I don't think that the Geneva Conventions are in any way "outdated" but I give and take from each side.
I do believe, however, in the basic freedoms of people (all people...not just wealthy, pious, men) and that Iran deserves to live the next 25 years in peace and freedom.
Fight the good fight!
liberté, égalité, fraternité
Saman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Connolly Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Megan,

Welcome! MMMmm, no doubt you are taking world history in high school at 16, and a bit of French as well....

Well here you may find quite a lot of reference to a fellow by the name of Cyrus the Great.

2500 years ago he created the first "democracy" , the first postal service, established freedom of religious practice, abolished slavery, and the first human rights document ( now on display at UN headquarters, NYC)

Establishing thereby, the Persian cultural legacy that was essential to the development of a civilized world today.

180 degrees removed from this is the current government of Iran...in word and deed.

When in considering the duality of the world we live in, I have only one piece of advice, and as I have a daughter your age, I'll pass on my father's advice as I did to her.

He said once when discussing politics ( I was your age at the time) : "Son, never believe anything you hear, only half of what you read, but believe what you see and get your eyes checked often."

(chuckle)...It has served me well over the years.

I would suggest one more thing, that one as an individual can indeed make a difference, and great changes can come by one question asked at the right time to the right people.

Such a question cannot be asked while sitting on a fence, because only having walked a path with heart, and finding that path that best reflects your true nature can one discover the question.

Indeed, it goes far beyond the political.

Seems to me you have already begun the journey that has no finite destination, as it evolves with every step taken.

Best,

Oppie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: