[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Would Kourosh Say?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmirN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: What Would Kourosh Say? Reply with quote

What Would Kourosh Say?

When insanity took over, in the year 1978
And the streets were filled with lies, betrayal, and hate
When evil hid behind the mask of freedom
And the people were used as pawns, ignorant and dumb

How would Kourosh sleep?

When the innocents were shot, in defiance they would sing
Their crime: loyalty to country and to King
When every teenaged punk got a license to kill
And a vampire like Khalkhali spilled blood just for thrill

How would Kourosh weep?

When that embassy was captured, by Mahmoud and other apes
Was the day that honor died; civility and reason thus escapes
When the word “Iranian” became synonymous with shame
And the world viewed Iranians and terrorists as one and the same

What would Kourosh say?

When loving Iran became forbidden
And all traces of Persia's Poetic Past were cowardly hidden
When Islam again raised its ugly head
And except for Quranic babble nothing could be said

How would Kourosh lay?

When cutting hands, ears, and noses became fine
And barbarian laws shaded this Aryan land of mine
When the worth of woman became half of that of man
The worth of both became zero, result of an unfair plan

How would Kourosh lament?

When Aryan children were used as mules
To clear mines, running to their deaths, as mere pawns and tools
When the lie of Allah was again invoked, along with a plastic key
To dupe little kids: “Paradise is right there…past the mines…you see?”

How would Kourosh this resent?

When women and children were sold as slaves
Islam undersigned it; this is how it behaves
When child abuse, rape, and stoning were seen as just
Islam undersigned it; morality became but dust

How would Kourosh his wrath have sent?

When Iran was taken from Aryayi and given to Taazi
Iran lost itself to a barbarian, a Nazi
When Iranian law, civility, and honor were all lost
To Taazi’s way of life, too great was this cost

What would Kourosh think of this zoo?

When Iran became a commodity, by Taazi to be used
And fell prey to an Arab God, all evil became excused
When Iran became not the land of Aryans, but Islam
And to power came every con-man, criminal, and scum

What would Kourosh do?

I’ll tell you what Kourosh would ask, do, and say:
“Abandon this false God, to whom you falsely pray
Abandon this false book, filled with ignorance and hate
Iran is too good for this; Iran is far too great

I’m still the King, your greatest King of Kings
I’m still the hero, of whom the bard still sings
I’m still the father, of this proud Aryan land
I’m still the overseer, of each drop of water and grain of sand

I am the founder, of your proud and noble clan
I am the champion of the weak, and those whom fear overran
I am the liberator, who fought for human rights
I am the vessel, with which Persia reached its heights

I am the one, who freed the Jews, Babylon, and more
I am the one, whom intolerance does abhor
I am the one, who paid homage to Marduk
I am the one, who forced no God, nor holy book

Who are these fools, to destroy Israel’s tribe?
Who are these traitors, to sell our land for a bribe?
Who are these bigots, to preach nothing but intolerance?
Who are these barbarians, to solve everything with violence?

Open your ears, and listen to your past
Your culture calls to you; go to it at last
The Taazi tried to copy, but didn’t get it right
The Persian Empire, its glory, or its might

Open your eyes, and just compare
Persian culture to that of Taazi, and let’s be fair
Where does each stand on justice, respect, and morality?
The laws of which are based on tolerance, and which on barbarity?

Open your mouths, and break this silence
Be sure, you won’t be alone in this defiance
Rise up and banish these foreign intruders
Expel Allah, the Mullahs, and the rest of the polluters

Why do you need Allah, or Mohammad?
Ali, Hassan, Hossein, and their buddies were all mad
You don’t need Allah or other lies, to tell you how to live
All you need is empathy and truth, no falsehood to believe

I say this, for soon you’ll have to choose
Iran and Islam are opposites, one will have to lose
Of which are you, my dynasty, which brought pride and fame?
Or of that of Taazi, which brought misery and shame?

Iran lost its way that day, in the year 651
And since has wondered aimlessly, confused by what was done
The journey home will be a challenge, a voyage through the night
But I’ll be your shining beacon; I’ll be your guiding light

I once had a vision, a dream that then came true
A dream called Persia, with tolerance as the glue
2500 years have passed, my body is now long gone
But my legacy, my dream, shall never be undone”

In the Spirit of Kourosh the Great
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam

Last edited by AmirN on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Liberator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully written Amir-jaan. Afarin.

Ba Sepaas

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
blank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Amir:
Thank you for the great inspirational writing.

I don't live in Southern Calif, but for those of you who live in LA, I have been told there is huge bulletin board, rented by Amir the designer. It has the picture of Shah in his Imperial Navy uniform. It is supposed to be a truly awsome sight, on the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and Sepulveda...
So, if any one of you have a chance go see it.

Back to our country, when we get her back, I would like to see the name changed to UKP (United Kingdom of Persia).......what do you think?
Liberator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
Dear Amir:

I don't live in Southern Calif, but for those of you who live in LA, I have been told there is huge bulletin board, rented by Amir the designer. It has the picture of Shah in his Imperial Navy uniform. It is supposed to be a truly awsome sight, on the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and Sepulveda...

Back to our country, when we get her back, I would like to see the name changed to UKP (United Kingdom of Persia).......what do you think?

It would be nice to see a picture of it.

United Kingdom (like that cursed island in the atlantic?) Persia Rolling Eyes I sure don't like the sound of the first part Evil or Very Mad Iran is just fine or if the people want "Persia" for foreigners and "Iran" for ourselves as it had been up to the late 1930's (?)

Ba Sepaas

blank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberator wrote:
blank wrote:
Dear Amir:

It would be nice to see a picture of it.

United Kingdom (like that cursed island in the atlantic?) Persia Rolling Eyes I sure don't like the sound of the first part Evil or Very Mad Iran is just fine or if the people want "Persia" for foreigners and "Iran" for ourselves as it had been up to the late 1930's (?)

Ba Sepaas

I prefer Persia to Iran, that is one thing that separates us from the arabs. When you say "I am Iranian" they usually think you are an arab, and that is true everywhere in the world, but when you say "I am Persian" they know you are not an arab.
Everything good that we have is under "Persian" not "Iranian" whether it is carpet, melon, cat etc.
Sorry I don't know anything about the "cursed island in the Atlantic".
Liberator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry I don't know anything about the "cursed island in the Atlantic"

Blank-jaan,

I'm speaking of the UK (United Kingdom) also referred to as Britain! Evil or Very Mad

Ba Sepaas

AmirN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Liberator and blank,

Thank you both for the encouraging words. And to both of you, Norouz-etan-Pirouz

Blank:

Quote:

Funny you should mention this. As it happens, I literally was just there by that billboard one hour ago. I’m currently in LA celebrating Norouz with my family, and had to go by and see for myself. It’s true, and it’s beeeeeeeeeeeautiful. I had seen the picture as an e-mail, but it is something else in person. Also, there was a young Iranian with a collection of huge flags holding vigil underneath the billboard. Keep in mind that it is currently a bit cold, 11 pm, and raining. A friend of mine and his friends try to keep vigil by that billboard lest a Hezbollah moron gets the foolish idea to go by there and vandalize it.

Ramin Etebar sent me an e-mail of that picture last week. I passed it on to friends, but didn’t keep it. Had I known you would have wanted to see it, I would have kept it and forwarded to you….sorry. You might try PM-ing Ramin; he might still have it; or try Cyrus; he also might have it.

The picture is of Shah in his uniform, against a simple sky-blue background, and written words in English and Persian wishing a happy new year. Simple, and beautiful.

As for the topic of “Iran vs. Persia,” I’ll give you my limited and abbreviated input.

As you know, Iran means “land of the Aryans.” The Aryans are a somewhat broad group of people, and is very descriptive of the various tribal groups found in our country and slightly beyond. As such, it represents a good description of the constituent groups of our nation and people. As of times of old, the term “Iran” was actually widely used by Iranians to describe themselves. You may recall that the Sassanid kings described themselves as the “King of Iran and not Iran.” This also incidentally shows that the world was seen as only its relevance and importance in relation to Iran, and that Iran represented the most important aspect of the world. It also shows that Iranians always called their country “Iran,” and not Persia.

Many are under the misconception that Reza Shah changed the name of the county from Persia to Iran. He did no such thing. Iran was always known to itself as Iran. The term Persia was a Greek derived description of our nation. To the Greeks, our nation was known as Persia. Knowing what I know about Greeks (and I know a lot about Greeks), I have an idea why this is so, though it is not based on any documented historical fact. The Greeks were for a very long time simply city-states, which means that each city was its own country. Each city acted independently, and was usually at war with the other Greek cities. As such, it was difficult for them to fathom or understand the concept of a group of people with a common ethnic background yet constituents of different cities and tribes as acting as a single nation. The concept of “Iran” therefore made no sense to them. What made sense was the concept of a single tribe. And at the time, the single most powerful tribe which was in charge of much of the administration and military was the Persian tribe. Thus…..Persia. And since the Romans were the successors of the Greeks, and then modern western civilization the successor of the Romans, the term Persia stuck in the west through the ages.

To summarize, Iran was the term used by Iranians, while Persia was the term used by foreigners. However, semantics not withstanding, they both described the same thing, depending on who was doing the describing.

When the ayatollah bozos took over, and Iran became a very unpopular nation in the world (especially after the hostage taking fiasco) many Iranians tried to distance themselves from these madmen by denying that they were “Iranians,” and referred to themselves as “Persians.” I think that this was not a wise move, and did us a disservice. It reinforced the idea that “Iran” was evil, instead of correctly explaining that it is in fact only the akhounds who are the evil ones, not “Iran” or “Iranians.” When an American asks if I’m “Persian,” I correct him by saying that I’m actually “Iranian,” though there is nothing derogatory about the term “Persian” either.

Having said that, we cannot deny the entrenched term of “Persia” which exists in the western world. And we really shouldn’t try, either. The term Persia is also very powerful, and can serve us quite nicely. You’ll notice that in my writing, I purposely refer to our nation as Persia at times, and Iran at other times. That’s because I have no agenda to promote one over the other. I love both terms, and don’t want to lose any of the history associated with either term, whether that history is from an Iranian viewpoint or a western viewpoint.

In the end, call it what you will. Its name is not its essence. Its spirit, its past, and its people are its essence.

“What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”
- Shakespeare
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: A NoRooz message from an Iranian who cares. Reply with quote

Dear Amir,

Thank You,

A NoRooz message from an Iranian who cares.
Amir, the famous Iranian-American designer of men's fashions, purchases a billboard and adorns it with greetings for NoRooz every year for one month. The billboard is located at Santa Monica Blvd. in Los Angeles, California between Westwood Blvd. and Sepulveda Blvd. (The area is a major commercial/residential area in Los Angeles.)

This year, Amir has outdone himself. View the attachment and you shall see!

For over two decades Amir has been recognized
as one of the Top Fashion Desiner.

http://amirfashion.com/Today.html

Last edited by cyrus on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
AmirN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cyrus,

Will you please consider adding Amir the designer to your thread regarding “Iranian Elites…?” I agree that Bijan belongs in that thread, but if Bijan belongs there, then so does Amir.

http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7071

Happy Nowruz to you, Cyrus, and thanks for all you do.

Naqshe Rostam
blank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmirN wrote:
Dear Cyrus,

Will you please consider adding Amir the designer to your thread regarding “Iranian Elites…?” I agree that Bijan belongs in that thread, but if Bijan belongs there, then so does Amir.

Thank you Cyrus for posting this beautiful picture of shah. Bless his soul, maybe his picture in this Norouz will bring us a badly needed goodluck, maybe things will be turned around.
I agree with Amir, lets put Amir the designer on the "Iranian Elites" thread, my suggestion is, remove Amanpour Evil or Very Mad , and replace it with Amir. Smile
blank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the name, countries can have two names, there is nothing wrong with that.. i.e. Holland/Netherlands, Germany/Deutschland, Egypt/Mesr
Amongst ourselves it is fine to be referred to as Iranian, but outside I prefer to say Pesian, and the reason is as small as the N & Q after IRA. To say I am Persian, people can never mix you up with an arab, say Iranian and yes, the next question is "do you speak arabic?" Shocked
And by the same token we don't speak "Iranian", we speak Persian. And lets change Farsi to Parsi.........
Liberator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting the picture. And thank you "Amir" for this very noble act.

Ba Sepaas

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmirN wrote:
Dear Cyrus,

Happy Nowruz, Good Idea it is done.

http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=27838#27838
Cyrizian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! This has got to be the best poem I have ever read on Iran's current "situation." Its so well written. AmirN, this is a masterpiece. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Philosophy and Religion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: