[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ATTENTION CYRUS and ALL OTHER ACTIVISTS!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espandyar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrus wrote:
Oppenheimer wrote:
Dear Cyrus,

While I think fears of somehow legitimising these individuals on the panel of this AEI meeting are a bit unlikely to materialize..(as I think letting them hang themselves with their own words will inherently prevent that).....the law of unintended concequences is also at work, as it seems from what I've heard from a friend that the regime is also aware of this meeting, and using it for the regime's own propaganda purposes over the last couple days.

So while I understand AEI's intent is good in and of itself, the results may be otherwise as it seems to have enlarged rifts between opposition groups, and the regime itself is intent on using this to justify crackdowns.

Ledeen himself may not yet be aware of what he has started, but perhaps there can be a positive outcome if the opposition community can take the debate to a higher level in so far as the nature of the regime is concerned to a world audience in a broad based conference including a cross section of the Iranian opposition, and various US and other nation's representitives, in a "meeting of the minds" regarding the future of Iran.

To;

Office of Public Liaison
Bureau of Public Affairs
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW, Room 2206
Washington, DC 20520-2204

To Whom It May Concern,

Regarding the president's stated position regarding America standing with the Iranian people's aspirations for freedom, there has been expressed within various groups of expatriate Iranians in the US, the desire for dialogue with the US Gov. as well as other free nation's representatives in a roundtable "forum of the future".

I am writing to inquire whether such a dialogue would be found useful and informative, and if the US Dept of State would entertain such a proposal in general, or under what specific guidelines.

What format and protocol would be most appropriate for the Dept. of State, should such a meeting of the minds be arranged, and procedures on constructing such a dialogue, as well.

Noting the State Dept's dialogue with other opposition groups among various nations in the effort to promote democratic institutions and inclusiveness in political fora and the policy of support for the Iranian people's liberty, it seems to be a logical step in fostering understanding and voicing ideas and feedback regarding issues of mutual concern.

Such a conference inclusive of a vetted cross section, representative of the varied Iranian groups in dialogue between themselves and between nations with interest in human rights, democracy, and concerned within the context of security issues, may become mutually beneficial if not essential to building trust and a road forward.

I have been placed in a kind of unique position in this enquiry into the possibilities, as a private US citizen with no roots in Iran, but having been in dialogue with a cross section of the Iranian /American community enough to have been asked by some of them to pose the idea.

Since it seems to stand as mutually beneficial and a good public diplomacy opportunity, in support of the president's stated foreign policy I agreed to look into it.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Regards,

(Oppenheimer)

--------

My feeling is the best way to protest is to have a better idea...

Dear Oppenheimer,
"meeting of the minds" in a roundtable "forum of the future" what a great idea, I will present this idea to other oppositions tomorrow for their review and consideration.
Regards
Cyrus

Questions:

How do you choose whom to invte?
Who is opposition?
What criteria do you need in order to attend?
What is the roundtable discussion topic?
How long should it be?
What do you hope that the out come would be?
Are u expecting to get funds ?
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions:

How do you choose whom to invte?
Who is opposition?
What criteria do you need in order to attend?
What is the roundtable discussion topic?
How long should it be?
What do you hope that the out come would be?
Are u expecting to get funds ?

--------------

espandyar,

Listen, you don't have any idea how long I've been doing research, or what I understand, but I'm going to overlook your personal insults for a moment, and explain to you why the letter to the Dept of State was worded the way it was.

First, all your questions are good and valid...as you'll note in the letter, I was asking the Dept of State what they would be most comfortable with, as they hold conferences on international issues, deal with diplomatic security, and a host of very relevent issues to your questions of concern on a daily basis.

But in a broad general sense my intent was for this to be as inclusive as possible, and by " vetted cross section, representative of the varied Iranian groups..." there are a number of aspects DoS would factor in...(MEK as example would not partake, as the group is on the DoS list of terrorist org's, that's a "given")

Any representitive of a group would need to pass a basic background check, as being in the presence of members of governments would require that, under diplomatic security.

I am simply assuming for the moment that any participating group represented, has a track record in support of democracy...whether this be inclusive of those monarchist groups that favor a constitutional monarchy...(a form of democracy)...or other forms.

"What is the roundtable discussion topic?"

I posed that as being open ended...on multiple issues of mutual concern. Generally a conference agenda (topics) are determined once a decision has been made to hold the conference. "territorial integrity" could be one of many discussed. .."in dialogue between themselves and between nations with interest in human rights, democracy, and concerned within the context of security issues,..." that leaves a lot of room for topics of mutual interest to be put on the table.

" How long should it be?"

Also open ended... Constructing a dialoge that starts with a conference, but is not necessarily ended there, and the purpose is an ongoing contact in a cooperative manner.

"What do you hope that the out come would be?"

besides establishing a working dialoge, It was put pretty clearly "fostering understanding" "building trust and a road forward."

Without the first two, you can't plan the road forward. It's going to take time, and this is why I would not expect this to be a "one-shot" deal, but an ongoing thing ....perhaps another conference date may be decided upon if all agree.

"Are u expecting to get funds ?"

This is not addressed in the letter, nor asked for, but it would be putting the cart before the horse in a sense, because no feedback has been given yet on the letter of inquiry by the Dept of State....all I know is they received it, and are looking into it, as of Monday.

Who knows, they may wish to sponsor the conference, and help with some basic transportation costs to representitives that can prove need financially.

The other thing is where it would take place....a secure location is logical, my best case scenario would be the UN itself....as other nations permanent missions are in one location, ease of access, conference rooms...just my thoughts on it here in general....and it is "nutral ground" if that is desirable.

But I don't hold expectation....only anticipation that this idea will be deemed worthy and viable.

g'night...

P.S. you can quote me anytime...(chuckle).

"My feeling is the best way to protest is to have a better idea..."

-Oppenheimer
blank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign PetitionOnline for protesting against AEI meeting

SMCCDI (Public Action Call)
October 18, 2005

Dear Iranians, Dear Americans, Dear Freedom Lovers,

A petition has been created, on the well known
www.petitiononline.com , in order to protest against a
conference scheduled, on October 26th, at the "American
Enterprise Institute" (AEI).

Guest speakers, such as, the notorious "Rahim Shahbaz" are
scheduled to participate in this event which can open the
door to the future disintegration of Iran.

Shahbaz is a notorious fascist and racist separatist who's
dream has been to create a blood bath at the expense of
Iranians
Actually, he's claiming to have become a federalist, but a
look at his essay (see Google link) can let any lucid
person to understand about his dark goal!
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.iranian/browse_thread/thread/9a1e863e8f328a9c/73cffc274db93de6?lnk=st&q=Rahim+Shahbazi+****+persian&rnum=3#73cffc274db93de6

On June 16, 2005, the American president declared,
"America believes in the independence and territorial
integrity of Iran." For the last five years the American
president has reiterated his support for democracy in the
Middle East, specifically citing that he stands with the
people of Iran in their quest for freedom.

For so, the organizers at AEI are in a wrong path!
Such a meeting can also help the demagogue Islamist clerics
to play Iranians nationalistic feelings and to promote
anti-Americanism.

Unfortunately few naive Iranians are also planning to
participate in such a meeting. Some of them who are known
for looking for political fame, can't understand that their
presence or collaboration might help to legitimize the
conference and to help opening another Pandora box that can
affect the fate of millions in the years to come.

Iran must not become another political laboratory or a
platform for political fame!!!

Dear Iranians, Dear Americans, Dear Freedom Lovers,

Based on the wishes of a majority of Iranians and President
Bush's popular comments, we must raise our voice and
protest!

We're asking you to sign the petition for objecting to the
conference by visiting:
http://www.petitiononline.com/O4N7L2Y6/petition.html

The solution for Iran should not be at the expense of
Iranians and their future!
Iran's freedom and liberation will happen without resorting
to use plans that would only strengthen clerics in power or
plunge Iran and the region into chaos!

Iran must not become a future Yugoslavia!
AEI must not create the basis for future problems for
Iranians nor for the region!

Long Live Iran!
Down With Islamic Republic!

Committee for Defense of Iranian Territorial Integrity,
(CDITI)

* SMCCDI is a member of CDITI Coalition

Note: SMCCDI's website is down but you can check updated
news in reference to this campaign, by visiting:
http://marzeporgohar.org/

----------------------------------

Comments / Nazariat:
Tel: +1 (972) 504-6864
Fax: +1 (972) 491-9866
E.mail: smccdi@hotmail.com

The "Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy
in Iran" (SMCCDI) / "Komite e Hamahangui e Jonbesh e
Daneshjoo i Baraye Democracy dar Iran"
blank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.marzeporgohar.org

Subject: Open Letter to Mr. Michael Ledeen -
Ramin Etebar, M.D.
Source: Marze Por Gohar Party
Date 19-10-2005

Dear Mr. Ledeen

Once again the American “ingenuity” willingly or unwillingly will strengthen the Mullahs position in Iran!

Inviting separatists to a round table discussion about the future of Iran, will only create division among Iranian opposition. The most important factor for a patriot is his/her Iranian nationality that comes before ethnicity, religion,color or creed. Any discussions of jeopardizing Iranian territorial integrity will divide the Iranian opposition and cause the Iranians inside the country to rally behind the Mullahs. You are an educated man and there is no need for me to give you history lessons, but for the sake of argument , I would like to review the American foreign policy’s performance on Middle East in the last quarter of century.

I would like to begin with Jimmy Carter and his national security advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski. Brzezinski Justified his Islamic Belt Project in his book in this manner "In fact, an Islamic revival - already abetted from the outside not only by Iran but also by Saudi Arabia - is likely to become the mobilizing impulse for the increasingly pervasive new nationalisms, determined to oppose any reintegration under Russian - and hence infidel - control." (p. 133).

The end results were Khomeini, IRI, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Iran-Iraq war, several million deaths among Iranians Afghanis and Iraqis. Al Qaeda, and September 11 are the byproduct of the Green belt (Russian Beard) project.

Thanks to inept US and British strategists, Iraq has been presented to Iran on a silver platter! With growing IranR17;s influence in Iraq, use of the petroleum, nuclear and terrorism weapons, Islamic Republic of Iran is well on its way to become the evil empire!
With removal of Saddam Hussein, the regional balance of power eliminated. The Americans and the British have been unable to keep Iran in check due to IranR17;s meddling in Iraq and thus creating a quagmire for the westerners. IranR17;s support for the Iraqi turmoil is actually being given to their co-religionists the Shiites. The leading Shiite party in Iraq the Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution (SCIR) is led by by people who spent the Hussein years in Iran while their private army the Badr brigade is funded by Iran. Of course Iran could and probably is playing both sides of the street by giving aid to the insurgency as a means of pressuring the USA to leave. The US in fact is powerless to do anything about Iran's meddling in Iraq or its nuclear ambitions. One of the unintended consequences of the Iraq war, combined with the spike in oil prices, has been to make Iran the pre-eminent power in the Middle East and one that is untouchable by the US or its client state Israel because of the potential impact on oil supplies. Neither would US or world opinion tolerates another US inspired pre-emptive war in the Middle East. The Bush administration's actions in Iraq have, to use the technical term, left us screwed. Their general dumbness in the Middle East and in the wider effort to contain terrorism is breathtaking; every action they take seems to be aimed at increasing the effectiveness of our opponents.

With ever increasing west’s dependence on the Middle Eastern oil, geopolitically speaking the Persian Gulf must become a safe zone to insure free passage of oil through the Straits of Hormuz . Geographically it dominates the northern shores of the Persian Gulf, with command of the Strait of Hormuz, the most important chokepoint in the globe. It is within easy striking distance of about 50 percent of the world's oilfields: those in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Qatar, Bahrain, and the UAE. It also is a bridge between two very important energy zones of Central Asia and the Persian Gulf.
The West has vital interests in the Middle East. The Middle East is the center of gravity of international politics. Iran is the center of gravity of the Middle East. None of the current problems in the Middle East and the Islamic World can be resolved unless there is change in Iran. Iran is run by a very nasty regime of fundamentalist but corrupt religious zealots that threat the security of the region as well as the rest of the world. It is imperative that the Iranian problem be solved by the Iranian hand and the international community to help them to get rid of this geopolitical tumor.
The IRI has checkmated your foreign policy sir! IRI is a worldwide security threat and it must be dealt with. In order to do this, you need to create unity, not division sir. Inviting different ethnic groups (even as a scare tactic for IRI) will put the Iranians into a clash course with each other, unless this is your true intension,I would suggest talking to Iranians as a whole and fractions. We are disjoined as is; you don’t need to make matters worse.

This discussion with the separatists has upset the Iranian-American community as well as our compatriots inside the country. Below, please note the AEI announcement as well as petitions and statements that are starting to circulate against any attempt to compromise the Iranian territorial integrity.

Sincerely Yours,

Ramin Etebar, M.D.
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank wrote:
Quote:
don't have any objections to these separatist wanting to spew their ideology, in fact the more they talk and their pictures are out, the better we know who these guys are, and they would be "out of closet" rejected by majority of Iranians. As long as they do not engage in activities such as what Basque separatist are doing in Spain.
My main objection to AEI, is that they failed to invite anyone from an opposing viewpoint. How can they have a one sided debate/conference? without any opposing point of view. Imo this "conference" is not a credible one.

Totally agree with you on that.

If khomeini wasn't so well hidden from the sights, and his views were known to the people, they would not have even let him come back to Iran, and wouldn't gather around in millions just to see who this big shot is, and what he says!

let's see the trators and enemies face to face. let them come out of their cells in London and speak of the new Plot.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Please feel free to support the CDITI petition Reply with quote

Please feel free to support the CDITI petition

Dear Fellow ActivistChat Members,

Due to the facts that the repeated polite, friendly, respectful requests, suggestions, recommendations, and open letters .... by:

1) Mr. ROOZBEH FARAHANIPOUR from Marze Por Gohar Party http://marzeporgohar.org
2) Mr. Aryo B. Pirouznia from "Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy in Iran" SMCCDI Open letter to "American Enterprise Institute" (AEI) http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=25621#25621
3) Open letter to "American Enterprise Institute" (AEI) by Honorable Activist Ambassador Hasem Hakimi former Imperial Iranian Ambassador to Norway http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=25659#25659
4) Open Letter to Mr. Michael Ledeen by Activist Ramin Etebar, M.D. http://activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=25677#25677
5) Other polite emails, phone calls …..

so far all of the above have been ignored with harsh responses , therefore now please feel free to support the CDITI petition http://www.petitiononline.com/O4N7L2Y6/petition.html .

We respect Dr. Leeden free speech rights to do as he wish and to invite anyone to his conference, at the same time freedom-loving activists have reserved every rights to protest politely regarding any matter, articles …. in our free society. Despite the fact that we appreciated Dr. Leeden past articles regarding Iran, at this time no other option left to us except to exercise our rights to protest by supporting this petition from Committee for Defense of Iranian Territorial Integrity, (CDITI) because Mr. Rahim Shahbazi in the following post http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.iranian/browse_thread/thread/9a1e863e8f328a9c/73cffc274db93de6?lnk=st&q=Rahim+Shahbazi+****+persian&rnum=3#73cffc274db93de6 has clearly insulted to all Iranians and violated every code of ethics in free society and rules of optimal behavior.

The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is very respectful organization with many great scholars. I remind everyone, please control your emotion, be very polite, follow code of ethics (good thoughts, good words, good deeds) and civil in your comments when you protest to anything please avoid any insults, personal attacks to anyone or any respectful organization. Our disagreements are among old friends and must be very polite, civilized with facts and strong reasons. At the end of the day the truth, facts and strong reasons always win.

The goals, demands and beliefs of Activistchat .com are summarized in the following points:
1. Complete separation of religion from the state in every country of the world.
2. The “War On Terror” is UNWINNABLE and the world peace can not be achieved as long as the Unelected Islamists Terror and Torture Masters are in power in Iran. The terror state and fear society can not create stability.
3. Complete and thorough acceptance of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
4. A free, open and democratic referendum after regime change in Iran that is monitored by independent and objective NGOs from countries throughout the world.
5. The territorial integrity and national sovereignty of Iran.

Please don’t forget our main enemy is the Islamist Clerical regime and we must focus all our energy towards changing the regime, free society and secular democracy.

President Bush concluded: "America believes in the independence and territorial integrity of Iran. America believes in the right of the Iranian people to make their own decisions and determine their own future. America believes that freedom is the birthright and deep desire of every human soul. And to the Iranian people, I say: As you stand for your own liberty, the people of America stand with you."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/16/AR2005061601056.html

Regards,
Cyrus

Our Persian Culture and Code of Ethics are based on three simple principles:
Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Deeds

Last edited by cyrus on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:51 pm; edited 16 times in total
espandyar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Cyrus Jan!

In addition one of the largest and oldest parties have joined us:
Hezbe Mellat Iran

https://www.hezbemellateiran.com/
You can view their statement on the front page!

Payande IRAN
espandyar
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Liberty Now !
Your last Post did not follow our code of ethics for discussion in this thread. Your subject can be expressed without using the language that you have used. Your post deleted if you wish please correct your post and submit it again . We should remember our teachers are Hafaz, Saadi, Molavi, Ferdousi ..... not Mullahs ....

Thanks,
Cyrus
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Controversial AEI Meeting Mobilizes Iranian Activists Reply with quote

espandyar wrote:
Controversial AEI Meeting Mobilizes Iranian Activists

Source: SMCCDI (Information Service)
Date 21-10-2005

MCCDI (Information Service)
October 21, 2005

The controversial meeting which is to take place on October
26th, at the WDC based "American Enterprise Institute"
(AEI), is mobilizing Iranian activists across the world.
Protesters are objecting to the conference named "The
Unknown Iran - Another Case for Federalism? " that they see
it as a gradual promotion of a policy intended for
splitting and the disintegration of Iran.

The protest campaign which has started, by the "Committee
for Defense of Iranian Territorial Integrity" (CDITI), is
now being amplified by several abroad based Iranian
satellite TV or radio networks. Iranian opposition - to the
Islamic regime - press or websites are also reporting the
case and are helping increase the general awareness. Public
Protest letters, to AEI and the conference's organizers,
are circulating on the Internet. Many of the writers were
known for their friendly regards toward the AEI and its
scholars.

An online protest petition is getting more and more
endorsements, as Iranians and Americans are becoming aware
of its existence. This petition entitled "Defend Iran's
territorial integrity from separatists" can be visited
and/or signed at: http://www.petitiononline.com/O4N7L2Y6/

Many Iranians are believing that the AEI's suggestions are
well listened by the Bush Administration and that the
famous think tank institute was looking, till now, to help
Iranians to free themselves from the tyrannical and
terrorist rule of the Islamic republic. Such positive
thought had become even stronger following the July 16,
2005, comment of President Bush who stated: ""America
believes in the independence and territorial integrity of
Iran!"

Most Iranian opponents, to the Islamic regime, would have
never dreamed that AEI could host meetings that could open
a Pandora box and jeopardize the future of Iran and
Iranians. They also fear that the demagogue Islamic regime
will use the AEI's mistake to reverse the pro-American
feelings of millions of Iranians by stating: "You see, what
they did in the Balkans or in Iraq?.. Now they want to
split your country!.." Such propaganda has already started
in part of the state controlled media in Iran.

It's in reaction to the such a grave mistake and its
consequences that the dissident "Hez e Mellat e Iran"
(Iran's Nation Party) has sound the alarm in its communiqué
issued yesterday in Tehran. The 'illegal' -labeled by the
clerical regime - group which its historical leaders,
Darioush and Parvaneh Foroohar, were slaughtered in 1997 by
the Islamist security agents, has condemned strongly the
conference.

Dr. Michael Ledeen, who's the moderator of the event, is
stating that the meeting is just "to inform the Americans
on Iran's diversity" and that "no separatist subject would
be allowed in the conference". Nerveless concerns are
increasing on the future impacts of the event. Its sudden
and strange timing and especially the choice of most of its
speakers, who are separatist elements, is leading to
legitimate questions.

One of the speakers, named "Rahim Shahbazi", is mainly
known by some internet-user circles and is lacking of a
real social or historical knowledge or of a credible
academic background. The later is notorious for promotion
of dark goals, such as, turning Iran into a blood bath and
to split the Iranian province of Azarbaijan. An
investigation of his background and the astonishing
finding, via www.google.com search engine, of a 1999
comment has increased the worries of many Iranians who are
seeing the pattern of a genuine fascist, racist and
genocidal element.

In his comments, Shahbazi's writing: "Aryan ponk (meaning
Iranian), remember my name, also remember that I am from
Tabriz, South Azerbaijan (meaning the Iranian province). I
hope one day I will see bastard in some place, I will make
you eat you own Aryan s..t you S. O. B." ..."We are able
and we will kick you Persian A.. wipes and throug you s..t
head, out of our country South Azerbaijan" ... "Hope to see
you in front of Sniper you basterd, we South Azerbaijanis
will teach you a listen that you never and ever forget"
(Most parts of Shahabzi's kind of political manifesto have
not been reported or have been censored in this SMCCDI
Information Report due to extreme use of hate language or
vulgarity. The integrality of his comments can be seen by
visiting:
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.iranian/browse_thread/thread/9a1e863e8f328a9c/73cffc274db93de6?lnk=st&q=Rahim+Shahbazi+****+persian&rnum=3

Responding to a written protest which was formulated by
Aryo B. Pirouznia, the SMCCDI's Coordinator, Mr. Ledeen has
responded: " Some of the speakers MAY have had separatist
ideas but this is no more the case".

Dr. Ledeen has been, in the past, in relation with a
notorious separatist element named "Chehregani". This
individual who was openly calling for the separation of
Azarbaijan, had to chose a low key profile and started to
claim having become a "federalist" just few years ago.
This sudden change of position happened after the
publication of several consecutive American reports on the
deep rejection of separatism by the absolute majority of
Iranian-Azaris.
It's believed that Chehregani and Shahbazi likes have only
changed tactic and are waiting for a more favorable
circumstance that in their mind might happen in the months
or years to come. Then they would reach their long dated
dream of turning Iran into another Yugoslavia.

Even the Iranian "United Front of Baloochistan" has
objected to the conference and has issued a written protest
about the misuse of its name as the sender of an official
speaker to the conference. Abdol-Satar Doshooki, the
speaker of this regional movement and opponent to the
clerics, has condemned strongly the AEI in several
interviews made with Iranian opposition -to the Islamic
regime- media.

The AEI had initially 'selected' four speakers in the name
of the Iranian-Azari, Iranian-Kurd, Iranian-Arab and
Iranian-Balootch ethnicities. Such questionable selection
which was curiously just limited to Iran's border zones has
helped fuel the controversy. But a supposed member of the
Iranian-Lor ethnicity has been added to the panel, as of
yesterday and following several days of the start of the
protest campaign and its increase among Iranians. It's
believed that this sudden additive selection, is in reality
just a tactic in order to place a more friendly individual
in the conference in order to give it a kind of legitimate
aspect.

The daughter of this last minute solution has been
reported, by several sources, as having started a smear
campaign against those involved in the protest movement
against the Conference.

Many Iranians and Americans would have hoped that a
credible conference on Iran's Territorial management would
have been focused on genuine and important factors which
are apparently not on AEI's agenda at this time.
Credible speakers could have been involved with strong
academic background and impartial views. Also many other
Iranian ethnicities, such as, Guilaki, Deylami, Turkman,
Khorassani, Sistani, Persian, Ghashgha-i, Bakhtiari and
many others have been left from a panel which is supposed
to "inform the Americans".

The protest campaign should increase in days ahead and
complementary information would be provided.

Note: SMCCDI's website is down and its mailing system can
be stopped also, at any minute, but you can check updated

For contacting smccdi, use: smccdi@hotmail.com
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Separatists Discuss Future of Iran Reply with quote

espandyar wrote:
Separatists Discuss Future of Iran

http://marzeporgohar.org/index.php?l=1&cat=21&scat=76&artid=680

On October 26, 2005, the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is hosting an event called The Unknown Iran The Unknown Iran that is being moderated by Michael A. Ledeen. The occasion is billed as a panel discussion on the plight of Iran’s minorities and their hopes for a democratic future. Although this may not seem abnormal, there is one problem: the panelists are separatists. That’s right, you read correctly. At the same time that unknown elements have placed and detonated bombs in Iran the AEI, a conservative think-tank based in Washington D.C., has suspiciously rolled out the red carpet for these seperatis characters. The names of the panelists are Ali Al-Taie (Shaw University), Morteza Esfandiari (Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan), and Rahim M. Shahbazi (Azerbaijani Societies of North America). Although Hussein Bor (Baluchistan United Front) was also invited to the conference, the party has denied any involvement and official party sources have confirmed that they had originally declined to be involved. Thus, the use of their name by AEI is not legitimate . It is also important to mention that Baluchistan United Front’s official policy is to foster an independent Baloch province within a Federalist Iran. Information about the other groups planning to attend the conference is found below.

Dr. Ali Al Taie is a sociology professor at Shaw University in the United States. Mr. Taie is the author of The Arabs of Khuzestan and Iran: A socio-political History, both of which promote separatist ideologies regarding Ahwaz and Iran. Mr. Taie is also a prominent member of the Democratic Solidarity Party of Al-Ahwaz (English) . This group seeks the right to the self determination of the Arabic population situated in Ahwaz and Khuzestan Province.

The group's mandate states that they are seeking an Iranian government that will recognize the right of self determination of not only Arabs, but also Balouch, Azari, Turks, and Kurdish minorities. Thus, the group has never made it a secret that they want the separation of Khuzestan from Iran. Although the group has consistently

stated that they are peaceful, it is extremely difficult to imagine how such event could ever take place peacefully considering the nationalist sentiments of the Iranian people, including the Arabic minority. Not only has this group stated its intention of struggling for self determination, but they have also consistently encouraged other minority groups to fight for self determination as well. This goes further to show their separatist and non-Iranian views and intentions.

It is true that about 70% of the population of the Khuzestan province consists of Arabs, but that in no way indicates any intention of separation by this population. During the Iran-Iraq war Saddam Hussein tried very hard to take advantage of the Arab majority in Khuzestan, believing that they would join the Iraqis and fight against the Iranians. Saddam was sorely disappointed when the people of Khuzestan did everything they could to defend Iran and showed their true nationalist sentiments.

Rahim Shahbazi is a prominent member of the Azerbaijani Societies of North America and a known separatist. Mr. Shahbazi believes in the separation of Azarbaijan province from Iran and he has struggled continuously to achieve this goal. In an email Mr. Shahbazi wrote to an associate in March of 1999, he stated that he will fight until he has liberated South Azarbaijan from Iran and that he and that his “brothers and sisters” are just waiting for the right time before they attack the Persians and liberate Azarbaijan. Mr. Shahbazi’s intentions are clearly not aligned with the Iranian people and are directed towards separation of Azarbaijan from Iran.

Shahbazi comments against Iranians on a news group.

Mr. Morteza Esfandiari is a Washington representative of the Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan. The Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan is a separatist party that was formed on August 16, 1945. In 1946, the former Soviet Republic helped the party establish what was called the Republic of Kurdistan (or the Republic of Mahabad) in Iranian territory for approximately one year, after which it was crushed by Iranian forces when the soviets left. Although the party has been largely insignificant since 1947, its legitimacy is believed to be increasing through clandestine support by opponents of Iran. Mr. Morteza Esfandiari is a relative unknown. Aside from being invited by AEI as a panellist, he has also recently been quoted in the news media on various Kurdish issues in the Middle East. It is also important to note that the party does not recognize the Iranian flag. Instead, the party boasts its own national flag which is used by other Kurdish separatist groups as well. Much of this information can be found on their website.

All three parties have consistently complained about the human rights abuses faced by their respective populations at the hands of the Islamic Regime in Iran (IRI) and they have come to the conclusion that the only solution is a separatist movement leading to self determination. The parties state that the IRI does not represent the minorities in Iran, yet it fails to mention that only 10% of the Iranian population supports the present regime. Therefore, the government is not the representative of Iranians as a whole. It has violated the rights of women, children, students, activists, and journalist regardless of their ethnicity. This brutal regime has never represented the Iranian people who have always embraced each other regardless of ethnicity or religion throughout history.

While it is totally legitimate to struggle to bring a democratic government to Iran that will protect the social, political, cultural, and economical rights of all Iranians, the actions of the Democratic Solidarity Party of Al Ahwaz, Azerbaijani Societies of North America, and Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan have crossed an unacceptable line and moved into separatist movements that will not be tolerated by the Iranian people as a whole.

By: Setare Kaviyan is the Director of Human Rights Committee of the Marze Por Gohar Party, Iranians for a Secular and Ruzbeh Hosseini.

Please take a moment sign the petition linked below and protest AEI's conference. http://www.petitiononline.com/O4N7L2Y6/petition.html
espandyar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Speaker at Controversial AEI Meeting Desists Reply with quote

One of the 'selected' speakers of a controversial meeting,
on Iran, which has been scheduled by the "American
Enterprise Institute" (AEI) has desisted and would not
participate for "health reason". The speaker's name is
"Hossein Bor" and he was supposed to represent the
Iranian-Balootch ethnicity according to the AEI
announcement posted on the website of the WDC think tank
institution.

Mr. Bor's sudden announcement of health problem, follows a
communiqué issued by the regional opposition movement -to
the Islamic regime- named "United Front of Baloochistan"
(UFB). The group has protested against the AEI meeting and
the misuse of its name. In addition, a well known and
prominent speaker of UFB, named Abdol-Satar Doshooki, has
condemned strongly the AEI in several interviews with
Iranian media.

It's believed that there's a possibility that the AEI
conference's organizers might try to replace Bor by another
individual in order to avoid discredit. Never less, the
nomination and the desistement cycle shows the increasing
rift between Iranian opponents to the Islamic regime and
the AEI.

The think tank institute had become, till last week, a
center of trust and hope for many Iranians who are seeking
to obtain help and International support in order to
overthrow, by democratic means, the Islamic regime.

Indeed, an increasing number of Iranian groups are
expressing their dismay, concerns or are echoing the
protest campaign which has started by the "Committee for
Defense of Iranian Territorial Integrity" (CDITI).
Public protest and official communiqués are increasing and
the latest to slam the controversial AEI conference is the
"Iran National Front" (INF) which represents the views of
those believing in the legacy of the late Dr. Mossadegh.
Several Monarchist and Leftist groups have also joined the
protest wave and the trend is a clear confirmation that
Iranians can be divided on many subjects but would rally
when something might jeopardize the future of their
country.

An online protest petition is getting more and more
endorsements, as Iranians and Americans are becoming aware
of its existence. This petition entitled "Defend Iran's
territorial integrity from separatists" can be visited
and/or signed at: http://www.petitiononline.com/O4N7L2Y6/

Most Iranians would have never dreamed that AEI could host
meetings that could open a Pandora box and jeopardize the
future of Iran and Iranians by promoting separatists. They
also fear that the demagogue Islamic regime will use the
AEI's mistake to reverse the pro-American feelings of
millions of Iranians by stating: "You see, what they did in
the Balkans or in Iraq?.. Now they want to split your
country!.." Such propaganda has already started in part of
the state controlled media in Iran.

One of the speakers at the AEI conference is named "Rahim
Shahbazi". He's mainly known by some internet-user circles
and is lacking of a real social or historical knowledge or
of a credible academic background. The individual is
notorious for promotion of dark goals, such as, turning
Iran into a blood bath and to split the Iranian province of
Azarbaijan. An investigation of his background and the
astonishing finding, via www.google.com search engine, of
a 1999 comment has increased the worries of many Iranians
who are seeing the pattern of a genuine fascist, racist and
genocidal element.

In his comments, Shahbazi's writing: "Aryan ponk (meaning
Iranian), remember my name, also remember that I am from
Tabriz, South Azerbaijan (meaning the Iranian province). I
hope one day I will see bastard in some place, I will make
you eat you own Aryan s..t you S. O. B." ..."We are able
and we will kick you Persian A.. wipes and throug you s..t
head, out of our country South Azerbaijan" ... "Hope to see
you in front of Sniper you basterd, we South Azerbaijanis
will teach you a listen that you never and ever forget"
(Most parts of Shahabzi's kind of political manifesto have
not been reported or have been censored in this SMCCDI
Information Report due to extreme use of hate language or
vulgarity. The integrality of his comments can be seen by
visiting:
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.iranian/browse_thread/thread/9a1e863e8f328a9c/73cffc274db93de6?lnk=st&q=Rahim+Shahbazi+****+persian&rnum=3

Responding to a written protest which was formulated by
Aryo B. Pirouznia, the SMCCDI's Coordinator, Dr. Michael
Ledeen, who's the moderator of the event, has responded: "
Some of the speakers MAY have had separatist ideas but this
is no more the case".
The AEI official is adding that the meeting is just "to
inform the Americans on Iran's diversity" and that "no
separatist subject would be allowed in the conference".

Nerveless concerns are increasing on the future impacts of
the event, as especially, Dr. Ledeen has been, in the
past, in relation with a notorious separatist element named
"Chehregani". This individual who was openly calling for
the separation of Azarbaijan, had to chose a low key
profile and started to claim having become a "federalist"
just few years ago. The sudden change of position happened
after the publication of several consecutive American
reports on the deep rejection of separatism by the absolute
majority of Iranian-Azaris. It's believed that Chehregani
and Shahbazi likes have only changed tactic and are waiting
for a more favorable circumstance that in their mind might
happen in the months or years to come. Then they would
reach their long dated dream of turning Iran into another
Yugoslavia.

The protest campaign should increase in days ahead as more
and more Iranians are considering Shahbazi's presence as a
"flagrant insult" and are asking for "his removal from the
AEI panel".

The AEI had initially 'selected' four speakers in the name
of the Iranian-Azari, Iranian-Kurd, Iranian-Arab and
Iranian-Balootch ethnicities. Such questionable selection
which was curiously just limited to Iran's border zones has
helped fuel the controversy. But a supposed member of the
Iranian-Lor ethnicity has been added to the panel, as of
yesterday and following several days of the start of the
protest campaign and its increase among Iranians. It's
believed that this sudden additive selection, is in reality
just a tactic in order to place a more friendly individual
in the conference in order to give it a kind of legitimate
aspect.

Many Iranians and Americans would have hoped that a
credible conference on Iran's Territorial management would
have been focused on genuine and important factors which
are apparently not on AEI's agenda at this time. Credible
speakers could have been involved with strong academic
background and impartial views. Also many other Iranian
ethnicities, such as, Guilaki, Deylami, Turkman,
Khorassani, Sistani, Persian, Ghashgha-i, Bakhtiari and
many others have been left from a panel which is supposed
to "inform the Americans".

blank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahim Shahbazi: I prefer to die rather than for one moment to call myself an IranianSource: MPG
Date 26-10-2005
http://www.marzeporgohar.org/index.php?action=news&n_id=25874&l=1

The following is a post from Rahim Shahbazi to the soc.culture.iranian newsgroup. He himself openly declares that he is not Iranian yet he is panelist for AEI conference on Iran.

You should wish one day I call myself Iranian, I prefer to die rather
than for one moment to call myself an Iranian. However, I have couple of
dogs, I registered their name one Fars and the other one Armeni, in fact
they match to each other and the names are suitable. In fact couple of
months ago some family asked me if they can use also the same name of my
dogs to their dogs. I said sure help yourself. I tell you soon like the
Persian cat you nationality will become real famous, Persian dog or
Armeni dog. They asked if there is any relation between my dogs name and
the actuall Persians and Armenian. I said just don't worry about it they
both are the same ****, one is dry and the other one is wet. They said
thanks for info., **** both of them, Armenians and Persian. So remember
how we feel in North Carolina or basically in Souther states about you
two loser nationality, both of you Armenians and Persian considered the
biggest loser of the century. I congratulate you Persians and Armenians
in this great accomplishment.

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.iranian/msg/49f0e75d28ce0dc2

http://freethoughts.splinder.com
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blank wrote:
Rahim Shahbazi: I prefer to die rather than for one moment to call myself an IranianSource: MPG
Date 26-10-2005
http://www.marzeporgohar.org/index.php?action=news&n_id=25874&l=1

The following is a post from Rahim Shahbazi to the soc.culture.iranian newsgroup. He himself openly declares that he is not Iranian yet he is panelist for AEI conference on Iran.

You should wish one day I call myself Iranian, I prefer to die rather
than for one moment to call myself an Iranian. However, I have couple of
dogs, I registered their name one Fars and the other one Armeni, in fact
they match to each other and the names are suitable. In fact couple of
months ago some family asked me if they can use also the same name of my
dogs to their dogs. I said sure help yourself. I tell you soon like the
Persian cat you nationality will become real famous, Persian dog or
Armeni dog. They asked if there is any relation between my dogs name and
the actuall Persians and Armenian. I said just don't worry about it they
both are the same ****, one is dry and the other one is wet. They said
thanks for info., **** both of them, Armenians and Persian. So remember
how we feel in North Carolina or basically in Souther states about you
two loser nationality, both of you Armenians and Persian considered the
biggest loser of the century. I congratulate you Persians and Armenians
in this great accomplishment.

Source:

http://freethoughts.splinder.com

Thank you for your post, Rahim Shahbazi statement has clearly many similarity with Hitler and all other Fascist leaders of past 70 years. It is time that wise American Jewish community who suffered most from Fascism, issue an statement and object to Dr. Leeden for inviting Neo Fascist Rahim Shahbazi to AEI conference. Iranian American opposition community against Islamist Fascism has done their shares. As a minimum please sign CDITI petition and write your own polite comments regarding your concerns : http://www.petitiononline.com/O4N7L2Y6/petition.html .

Quote:
The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2001-05.

fascism

http://www.bartleby.com/65/fa/fascism.html

(fsh´zm) (KEY) , totalitarian philosophy of government that glorifies the state and nation and assigns to the state control over every aspect of national life. The name was first used by the party started by Benito Mussolini, who ruled Italy from 1922 until the Italian defeat in World War II. However, it has also been applied to similar ideologies in other countries, e.g., to National Socialism in Germany and to the regime of Francisco Franco in Spain. The term is derived from the Latin fasces. 1

Characteristics of Fascist Philosophy
Fascism, especially in its early stages, is obliged to be antitheoretical and frankly opportunistic in order to appeal to many diverse groups. Nevertheless, a few key concepts are basic to it. First and most important is the glorification of the state and the total subordination of the individual to it. The state is defined as an organic whole into which individuals must be absorbed for their own and the state’s benefit. This “total state” is absolute in its methods and unlimited by law in its control and direction of its citizens. 2
A second ruling concept of fascism is embodied in the theory of social Darwinism. The doctrine of survival of the fittest and the necessity of struggle for life is applied by fascists to the life of a nation-state. Peaceful, complacent nations are seen as doomed to fall before more dynamic ones, making struggle and aggressive militarism a leading characteristic of the fascist state. Imperialism is the logical outcome of this dogma. 3
Another element of fascism is its elitism. Salvation from rule by the mob and the destruction of the existing social order can be effected only by an authoritarian leader who embodies the highest ideals of the nation. This concept of the leader as hero or superman, borrowed in part from the romanticism of Friedrich Nietzsche, Thomas Carlyle, and Richard Wagner, is closely linked with fascism’s rejection of reason and intelligence and its emphasis on vision, creativeness, and “the will.” 4

The Fascist State
Fascism has found adherents in all countries. Its essentially vague and emotional nature facilitates the development of unique national varieties, whose leaders often deny indignantly that they are fascists at all. In its dictatorial methods and in its use of brutal intimidation of the opposition by the militia and the secret police, fascism does not greatly distinguish itself from other despotic and totalitarian regimes. There are particular similarities with the Communist regime in the Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin. However, unlike Communism, fascism abhors the idea of a classless society and sees desirable order only in a state in which each class has its distinct place and function. Representation by classes (i.e., capital, labor, farmers, and professionals) is substituted for representation by parties, and the corporative state is a part of fascist dogma. 5
Although Mussolini’s and Hitler’s governments tended to interfere considerably in economic life and to regulate its process, there can be no doubt that despite all restrictions imposed on them, the capitalist and landowning classes were protected by the fascist system, and many favored it as an obstacle to socialization. On the other hand, the state adopted a paternalistic attitude toward labor, improving its conditions in some respects, reducing unemployment through large-scale public works and armament programs, and controlling its leisure time through organized activities. 6
Many of these features were adopted by the Franco regime in Spain and by quasi-fascist dictators in Latin America (e.g., Juan Perón) and elsewhere. A variation of fascism was the so-called clerico-fascist system set up in Austria under Engelbert Dollfuss. This purported to be based on the social and economic doctrines enunciated by Pope Leo XIII and Pope Pius XI, which, however, were never put into operation. 7
See totalitarianism. 8

History

Origins of Fascism
While socialism (particularly Marxism) came into existence as a clearly formulated theory or program based on a specific interpretation of history, fascism introduced no systematic exposition of its ideology or purpose other than a negative reaction against socialist and democratic egalitarianism. The growth of democratic ideology and popular participation in politics in the 19th cent. was terrifying to some conservative elements in European society, and fascism grew out of the attempt to counter it by forming mass parties based largely on the middle classes and the petty bourgeoisie, exploiting their fear of political domination by the lower classes. Forerunners of fascism, such as Georges Boulanger in France and Adolf Stöker and Karl Lueger in Germany and Austria, in their efforts to gain political power played on people’s fears of revolution with its subsequent chaos, anarchy, and general insecurity. They appealed to nationalist sentiments and prejudices, exploited anti-Semitism, and portrayed themselves as champions of law, order, Christian morality, and the sanctity of private property. 9

Emergence after World War I
The Russian Revolution (1917), the collapse of the Central Powers in 1918, and the disorders caused by Communist attempts to seize power in Germany, Italy, Hungary, and other countries greatly strengthened fascism’s appeal to many sections of the European populace. In Italy, particularly, social unrest was combined with nationalist dissatisfaction over the government’s failure to reap the promised fruits of victory after World War I. The action of Gabriele D’Annunzio in seizing Fiume (Rijeka) was one manifestation of the discontent existing in Italy. Appealing to the masses and especially to the lower middle class through demagogic promises of order and social justice, the fascists could depend upon support, financial and otherwise, from vested interests, who could not muster such popularity themselves. 10
Governmental paralysis enabled Mussolini in 1922 to obtain the premiership by a show of force. As leader of his National Fascist party, he presented himself as the strong-armed savior of Italy from anarchy and Communism. Borrowing from Russian Communism a system of party organization based on a strict hierarchy and cells, which became typical of fascism everywhere, he made use of an elite party militia—the Black Shirts—to crush opposition and to maintain his power. 11
In Germany at about the same time a fascist movement similar to that in Italy steadily gathered strength; it called itself the National Socialist German Workers’ party (Nazi party). Its leader, Adolf Hitler, won support from a middle class ruined by inflation, from certain elements of the working class, especially the unemployed, and from discontented war veterans; he also gained the backing of powerful financial interests, to whom he symbolized stability and order. However, it was not until 1933 that Hitler could carry through his plans for making Germany a fascist state and the National Socialists the sole legal party in the country. 12
The military aggression so inherent in fascist philosophy exploded in the Italian invasion (1935) of Ethiopia, the attack (1936) of the Spanish fascists (Falangists) on their republican government (see Spanish civil war), and Nazi Germany’s systematic aggression in Central and Eastern Europe, which finally precipitated (1939) World War II. 13

Fascism since World War II
The Italian Social Movement (MSI), a minor neofascist party, was formed in Italy in 1946. It won wider support when the pervasive corruption of the governing parties was exposed in the early 1990s, and it became a partner in the conservative government formed after the 1994 elections. In 1995, however, the MSI dissolved itself as it was transformed into a new party headed by former MSI leader Gianfranco Fini and including the majority of former MSI members. Fini’s right-wing National Alliance rejected fascist ideology, including anti-Semitism, and embraced democracy as one of its principles and has participated in center-right governing coalitions. 14
In postwar West Germany, neofascism appeared in the form of the temporary growth of the nationalistic National Democratic party in the mid-1960s. Following German reunification, neo-Nazi groups in the country gained increased prominence, with new members being drawn to the organization as a result of social upheaval and economic dislocation, and the nation experienced an increase in related violence, especially attacks on immigrants and foreigners. Neo-Nazi groups also exist on a small scale in the United States, and right-wing nationalistic movements and parties in countries such as France, Russia, and some republics of the former Yugoslavia have political groups with elements of fascism. For many of these parties, however, ethnic and racial animosity is often more significant than fascist philosophy. 15

Bibliography
See H. Finer, Mussolini’s Italy (1935, repr. 1965); R. Albrecht-Carrié, Italy from Napoleon to Mussolini (1961); H. Arendt, Origins of Totalitarianism (rev. ed. 1966); W. Laqueur and G. Mosse, ed., International Fascism (1966); W. Ebenstein, Today’s Isms (7th ed. 1973); H. Lubasz, ed., Fascism: Three Major Regimes (1973); O. E. Schuddekopf, Fascism (1973); S. Larsen, ed., Who Were the Fascists? (1981); D. Muhlberger, ed., The Social Basis of European Fascist Movements (1987); G. L. Mosse, The Fascist Revolution: Toward a General Theory of Fascism (1999).
blank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AEI meeting's lead to general indignation

SMCCDI (Information Service)
October 27, 2005

A controversial "American Enterprise Institute" (AEI)
conference on Iran, which took place yesterday, has boosted
the wave of indignation and emotion among most Iranians.
The objected event, labeled as "Unknown Iran - Another case
for Federalism?", was already shattered due to several
days of protest actions which have started since October
17th.

The subject has become a hot topic on most Iranian abroad
based or opposition - to the Islamic regime - satellite TV
and radio networks. Callers are expressing their dismay or
anger about some of the comments made by some of the
speakers or the conference organizers' true intention. Many
are calling for protest gatherings or the organization of
genuine conferences on Iran in order to expose the AEI.
Other are slamming some of the speakers or the few
organizations which rushed to the meeting for what is
believed to be "getting a kind of recognition or obtaining
future rewards", or, by believing to be able to influence
the conference's nature, such as, the well respected
Amanollah-Khan Riggi who made the only decent speech of the
meeting.

Of course, those believers are qualified anyhow as "those
who didn't get the real purpose of getting played and
helped somehow the organizers in their try to legitimize
the meeting"!

Protesters' initial concerns were generated due to the
weakness of the content of the conference, its sudden
timing and especially the initial selection and persistence
of keeping some very questionable and separatist speakers
from ethnicities who are living mainly in Iran's 'border
zones'. Even, the sudden nomination of a so-called
representative of Lor tribes "with nationalistic views" has
not been sufficient in order to calm the concerns. Many see
it just as a political move in order to try to calm the
situation and to legitimize the conference.

Even Dr. Manouchehr Ganji - an opponent to the Islamic
regime who was somehow trying to stay neutral in this case
- is echoing now the protesters and many other political
leaders. Most of them are seeing the AEI event as an action
which intends to open the door to the gradual
disintegration of Iran. They're qualifying the meeting as a
platform for promoting insane individuals who are well
known for having the dark goal of creating future ethnic
wars in the region and the Yugoslavisation of Iran.
It's to note that such possibility would surely have a
domino effect and would spread across Iran's current
borders. It would plunge countries, such as, Turkey,
Pakistan, Iraq, Armenia, Turkmenistan and the so-called
Republic of Azarbaijan (a name created by Stalin in 1914
for qualifying the territory known till then as Aran and
which was detached from the Greater Iran) into wars that
would impact the planet in various ways such as an
unprecedented jump of Oil price.

Other Iranians see it also as a grave mistake which is
un-deliberately helping the unpopular Islamic republic in
order to consolidate its shaky power by creating a general
fear on the future existence of Iran and playing Iranians'
nationalistic feelings. They qualify it as a wrong move
which is, in reality, neutralizing some of the impact of
the great July 16th comments of President George W. Bush on
the "need of respecting the territorial integrity of
Iran!". It's to note that several anti-regime riots took
place in days after such unprecedented statement, as,
several Iranian ethnicities had always the fear of creating
the possibility of a disintegration of Iran in case of
uprising.

It's to note that the event's purpose was officially "to
inform Americans" but it took place without meaningful
American or media presence and its content was afar from
real facts which are existing in Iran. No real debate took
place neither, as two of the speakers, as expected, used
the AEI as a platform in order to spread their baseless
claims and the two other tried to correct them. Even the
background of most of its appointed speakers was far away
from the usual norms which are usually observed for such
occasions. As an example, the organizers tried to justify
the presence of a notorious separatist speaker, named Rahim
Shahbazi, by stating that the later has been involved "in
creation of many websites".

Indeed, Shahabzi is known for creating websites which are
in reality involved in falsification of history about the
region. He's known for echoing falsificated information
which are dating from the Stalin era and which were spread
by the defunct USSR Intelligence circles in order to
separate the Iranian province of Azarbaijan. The baseless
claims are contradicted by several distinguished
International scholars, such as, Professor Donald Stillo or
prominent Iranian-Azari historians or researchers, such as,
Dr. Khalil Andache, Bahman Paymai, Dr. Assad Homayoon or
the late Ahmad Kasravi.

Shahbazi's also known for posting fascist, racist and
genocidal comments on the Internet against Iranians and
Armenians. He's publicly calling them dogs and declaring
seeing the day that snipers would finish them. He's adding
that it's just matter of time. The finding of two of his
comments via www.google.com were a major blow to the
conference.

During the conference's ending Q&A session, someone asked
Shahbazi if he could state the date and the time when the
elections were held which led to his - Shahbazi's -
election as representative of Azaris in Iran? He replied:
"No one elected me. All Azaris in Iran are in jail." Of
course, he omitted to say that the current Supreme Leader
of the Islamic regime and most high rank clerics are from
Azarbaijan. He also forgot to mention that Iran had Azari
rulers for the last 800 years minus the 50 years of Pahlavi
dynasty when the Empress, most Prime Ministers, Diplomats,
Managers and Head of Military Forces, as well as, the
wealthiest Industrialists or Merchants were from Azarbaijan
or Kurdistan.

Some Iranians, especially among the Azari community, are
legitimately stating that "if creation of websites are a
sign of achievement or notoriety, then AEI should start to
admit the Islamist murderers who are posting abominable
slaughtering scenes on the Internet". They're requesting a
formal apology from the AEI Administration for admitting
such individual in the name of the Iranian-Azari community.

On the eve of this conference, more than 900 people have
signed an online petition urging the AEI, as a token of
respect for Iranians and to help clarify its position that
it does not seek to instigate or promote secession in Iran,
by only having the Iran Lion and Sun flag on display as the
only Iranian flag present at the conference cited above.
http://www.petitiononline.com/O4N7L2Y6/petition.html

----------------------------------

Comments / Nazariat:
Tel: +1 (972) 504-6864
Fax: +1 (972) 491-9866
E.mail: smccdi@hotmail.com

The "Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy
in Iran" (SMCCDI) / "Komite e Hamahangui e Jonbesh e
Daneshjoo i Baraye Democracy dar Iran"
blank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handing the Ayatollahs Ammunition

The American Daily
By John Ross

October 2005

Virtuoso masters at creating and manipulating conflict, the
Iranian Mullahs may be handed, to the horror of most
Iranians, another opportunity to self-righteously declare
that they must wield power. Attempting to motivate the Bush
Administration to articulate and implement a much- needed
Iranian foreign policy, the American Enterprise Institute
(AEI) may also be doing the world a disservice.
Specifically, assembling divergent Iranian minority
ethnicities and excluding the Persian fifty-one percent is
either promoting divisiveness, or a very clever plan to
motivate and organize all Iranians.

Espousing recently that he had ?sworn an oath not to get
involved in Diaspora politics,? and ?it?s their problem,?
Dr. Ledeen has, apparently, concluded to also try his hand
at conflict management. As such, it is certainly not beyond
Dr. Ledeen?s intellect to conclude that Iranian Persians
are so fragmented and coerced by the theological dictators
in Tehran that he must try to motivate them. Leading this
writer, therefore, to conclude that in spite of his recent
ruminations to wash his hands of the Iranian Diaspora, he
is, apparently, trying to form an Iranian freedom movement
in absentia.

Ammunition in the form of propaganda material and a
platform for an outspoken radical separatist, Rahim M.
Shahbazi, will need to be managed very carefully by Dr.
Ledeen; otherwise, his efforts will be subverted. Aware of
this probability, the Persian Diaspora around the world are
being agitated to petition Dr. Ledeen to reconsider his
risky move to forge a block of Iranian minorities into an
influential political force. Overtly missing, so far, in
this new can of worms that Dr. Ledeen has spilled out on
the international stage are the manipulative Mullahs?
agents that inevitably materialize to sabotage all
perceived threats.

Haunting the Islamic Iranian fascist regime?s rotten core
more than Dr Ledeen are the Americans, coalition forces and
Iraqis that are eliminating every killer the Iranians and
Syrians throw at them. Faced with defeat on the Iraqi
battlefield and for the hearts of the Iraqis and Iranians,
the despotic Mullahs in Tehran have their backs against a
wall with only the weakened liberal media and press to help
them. Exposed and facing an international swing away from
socialism that is called liberalism, the mainstream media
and press can now offer little to keep the brutal Iranian
Mullahs in power.

The Iranian people smell blood in the water and are
constantly demonstrating against the despotic Mullahs?
brutal tactics and obvious greed. Promised a national
referendum similar to the Iraqi constitutional vote that
has been deemed a success and nearly violence free, the
Iranian Mullahs are sitting on a powder keg. Faced with the
probability that the Iranian people will continue to
ratchet up their demonstrations against the regime and the
U.S. and Europe, in spite of their historic duplicitous
actions, will confront the Mullahs, realistic choices are
few.

Left, realistically, with only two options the Mullahs had
better arrange to spirit their ill be gotten money out of
Iran, like Ali Hashemi Rafsanjani, or plan on returning to
their Mosques. Either decision will be less than palatable
to the high-rolling Mullahs that manipulate and exploit
everything of value and everyone that believes their deceit
and fears the brutal forces under their command.

Faster Dr. Ledeen? Faster

http://americandaily.com/article/9791
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: