[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Formed to Protest the September Trip of A-M to NYC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Committee Formed to Protest the September Trip of A-M to NYC Reply with quote

Committee Formed to Protest the September Trip of Iran's President Ahmadinejad to New York City

Fri Aug 26,11:46 AM ET

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=52160

Contact: New York Committee Against Ahmadinejad, 646-342-1930 or media@no2ahmadinejad.com

NEW YORK, August 26 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The 'New York Committee against Ahmadinejad (NYCA)' announces its formation. Its mission is to campaign against the trip by Iran's new President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to New York City, scheduled for mid-September. He is planning to address the upcoming United Nations General Assembly session.

Twenty-six years ago, a group of fundamentalist Iranian students occupied the US Embassy in Tehran and held some 52 Americans hostage for 444 days. Soon after, Iran's ruling regime began networking with, organizing, and funding terrorist outfits across the world. This global terrorist network has murdered dozens of Iranian dissidents abroad and many foreign nationals, including hundreds of US citizens. The terror bombings in Beirut, Saudi Arabia and Argentina are just a few examples of the Iran- sponsored deadly terrorist attacks.

Recent media reports indicate that the insurgents in
Iraq receive their training, sanctuary, and weapons from Iran. Inside Iran, human rights violations have worsened. At least 53 individuals, including seven minors and three women, have been hanged or sentenced to death since Ahmadinejad became President in late June.

Ahmadinejad, a leader of the group that took over the US embassy in 1979, is scheduled to arrive in New York on September 14th. His entourage would consist of individuals with a similar track record in terrorism.

Iranian regime, the most active state sponsor of global terrorism, is now on the verge of obtaining nuclear weapons. Ahmadinejad has already expressed his determination to pursue nuclear arms. Those who took US citizens hostage 26 years ago are now emboldened by our silence and are now coming to New York City. We have our chance to raise our voice against the presence of these terrorists and murderers in our city for the sake of peace, justice and security.

On Tuesday August 30, 2005, 'New York Committee against Ahmadinejad (NYCA)' will host a press conference where issue experts will highlight the NYCA's views concerning Ahmadinejad's trip to the United States.

http://www.usnewswire.com/
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Rasker,

It is my hope that this committee will, and intends to abide by the law in its protest.

I would suggest not only does it coordinate with NYPD and State Dept. diplomatic security to assure a peaceful protest, but that every effort be made to avoid a situation that may be used by the regime to discredit the opposition, such as a "staged" assasination attempt.

I would not put it past the IRI to try to discredit not only the opposition, but the US as "host nation" by such an act.

I think if you consider this possibility for a moment, you'll understand my concern, not with the protest, but how it may be used by the IRI.

Ba sepaas,

Oppie
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which one of the admins here earased my post on this topic?

anyone who earased my post, better put it back (!) since this is clearly censorship.

now I've never such conduct from CYRUS, so I assume it must be some one else.

Oppenheimer! are you an admin here? did you CENSOR my posts?

what's up with you and rasker? gang bashing people on the board, for their opinions, and Censoring their posts as well?

take over the entire post if you will. the rating is gonna drop by half in a few days. you can't run a post with censorship and expect people to buy your dictating views!

if you don't like to hear the truth about history or other opinions, something's seriously wrong with you, which makes you UNFIT to be an Admin here.

I demand that other ADMINS address this issue ASAP.

otherwise, just announce outloud and clear, that no other views or interpretations of political events - past or present - will not be tolerated, and will be banned and censored!

so we know where we stand in this, and in fact where you all come from !

thanks.
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberty Now ! wrote:
which one of the admins here earased my post on this topic?

anyone who earased my post, better put it back (!) since this is clearly censorship.

now I've never such conduct from CYRUS, so I assume it must be some one else.

Oppenheimer! are you an admin here? did you CENSOR my posts?

what's up with you and rasker? gang bashing people on the board, for their opinions, and Censoring their posts as well?

take over the entire post if you will. the rating is gonna drop by half in a few days. you can't run a post with censorship and expect people to buy your dictating views!

if you don't like to hear the truth about history or other opinions, something's seriously wrong with you, which makes you UNFIT to be an Admin here.

I demand that other ADMINS address this issure ASAP.

thanks.

Liberty Now,
None of your post deleted, please check your list of recent posts, you might have posted in wrong thread by mistake.
Thanks,
Cyrus
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dear Cyrus, you're right.

Oppenheimer and rasker are bashing me for my opinions. and seems they're not gonna shut up about it anytime soon.

Last edited by Liberty Now ! on Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: ahmadi the thug Reply with quote

it's really degrading to show up there and see the U.S/ EU officials walk right passed us and shake hands with criminals like ahmadinejad!

If I were there I would NOT throw eggs at ahmadinejad!

I would throw rotton eggs at any western official who shakes hands with him.

for backstabbing my nation and supporting our fascist prisongaruds.

I encourage you to do the same. instead of cheering for attacks on Iran!

Last edited by Liberty Now ! on Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rasker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Liberty Now!,

Disagreement is not censorship. Should you ever have the opportunity to live in a free Iran, I hope you will have learned the difference by then. I was merely pointing out that your diatribes might better be directed at the regime, if only, by pointing out its shortcomings, to better motivate the European governments to join in efforts to impose the sanctions that are the best way of accomplishing Liberation at minimum cost in lives.

If the European governments are as truly corrupt as you claim, then one person raving at them on this board will not outweigh the Sbillions in mullah-money available from the regime.

If they are not that corrupt, then pointing out the regime's gross violations of the rights of women, children, the criminally accused, together with its sponsorship of terrorism and clandestime nuke program would be the most likely way to get EU-wide sanctions that might shatter the regime, even if Russia and or China stand by with a veto in the Security Council. In that sense, Europe is pivotal on this issue. Abusing Europe is counter-productive.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liberty,

Why would I try to censor you when it is so entertaining watching you make a complete fool of yourself?
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now....back to the topic thread....

From SMCCDI: daneshjoo.org

SMCCDI News
Iranian secularist forces prepare Ahmadi-Nejad's 'welcoming' to US
SMCCDI (Information Service)
Aug 22, 2005

Iranian secularist opposition groups are preparing a kind of 'welcoming' ceremony for the Islamic republic's appointed president on US soil. Ahamdi-Nejad is to speak on September 14th at the UN General Assembly in New York.

Groups are preparing to stage a peaceful protest rally, at the UN, on the days of September 14th and 15th. They intend to denounce, in a common voice, the presence of the Islamist president as the 'symbol of Iranian Nation' and the persistent human rights' abuses by his illegitimate and unpopular regime. National-Secular Party, Iran Society, Marzeporgohar Party, Alliance of Iranians, Iranian Congress, Social-Democrats, Iranian Council, Free-Thinkers, Pan-Iranist and SMCCDI are some of these entities.

These groups have started to mobilize the Iranian Diaspora residing in the US and a more active campaign is to start in the next days. Iranian satellite TV and radio networks will be used for such purpose and some selected American media will be covering the issue.

Already the request for the rally was submitted by SMCCDI to New York City's authorities at the beginning of August and following the appointment of Ahmadi-Nejad. But a tactical decision had forced, till now, the Movement of trying to keep, low key, the issue and the collective preparation of the action.

Various reasons, such as, limiting the Islamic regime in adopting any kind of contingency plan and also to avoid the high jacking of the collective action by some controversial opposition figures, known for quest of fame, were behind such decision. Some of these elements are well known for having caused negative impacts in the past, such as, the cancellation of a rally which was to take place, at the UN, in order to protest against the presence of Khatami.

Already some of them have tried to claim the ownership of the future event by posting letters on the net. Such negative behavior has already created some negative comments from other individuals or dissidents.

SMCCDI and many other groups or dissidents believe that no one has the right to claim the ownership of such event, while everyone is welcome to participate in such actions which will impact the fate of millions of Iranians. Negative behaviors, such as, fame or power seeking are usually taking root in psychological problems of some individuals suffering by megalomania. They've contributed so far to the lack of an unified Iranian opposition and the continuation of the life of the Islamic regime.

Eventually, a well planning and a tight security should insure the safety of the event and its correct organization. In that line, several meetings have been planned in the South Californian City of Los Angeles from next W-End for such purpose.

The Movement will be publishing, in days ahead and on SMCCDI's website, updates, the list of participants and speakers which includes several Americans, as well as, the names of all those who would undermine such collective action.

© Copyright 2003 SMCCDI: daneshjoo.org
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: united governments agaist the nations Reply with quote

it's really degrading to show up there and see the U.S/ EU officials walk right passed us and shake hands with criminals like ahmadinejad!

If I were there I would NOT throw eggs at ahmadinejad!

I would throw rotton eggs at any western official who shakes hands with this Terrorist criminal.

for backstabbing my nation and supporting our fascist prisongaruds.

for bringing them into power in the first place,

for shutting their usually loud mouth about all the crimes for past 26 years.

I encourage you to do the same. it's the least you can do when they're about to court dirty mullahs and then bomb the people too.

you know they would even kiss Ahmadinejad's ass if they have to, for more of those "lucrative oil deals" (as the brits themselves put it!).

to buy it cheap in a fixed 20 yr. rate, and making thrillions of dollars of profit. even their queen would give the terrorist basterd a blow job for oil.

this should be the slogan for the demo:

UNITED GOVERNMENTS ; AGAINST The NATIONS

UNITED CORRUPTIONS ; AGAINST OUR NATIONS

here's the proof for U.N. supporting and promoting the fascist killer ayatolalhs:
http://www.activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=24520&highlight=#24520

UNITED FASCISM ; AGAINST WEAK NATIONS

Last edited by Liberty Now ! on Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Liberty Now !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: tactics Reply with quote

We have to be prepared to counter those who come in support of the terrorist:

BE PREPARED TO TAKE MANY CLOSE UP PHOTOS OF ALL REGIME'S THUGS IN THE LOCATION, TO BE PUBLISHED WIDELY.

ANNOUNCE ON TV AND OTHER MEDIA THAT ALL THESE PHOTOS WILL BE SHOWN ON TV FOR WORLDWIDE AUDIENCE TO RECOGNIZE THE FACES OF TRATORS AND BACKSTABBERS & THUGS. THE ENEMIES OF FREEDOM IN IRAN.

THIS WILL DISCOURAGE MANY OF THEM TO SHOW UP.

I'M SURE ALL OF THEM WILL BE WATCHED CLOSELY BY FBI AND THEIR PHOTOS KEPT ON RECORD AS WELL. THIS MEANS THEY WILL OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD INTELLIGENCE SERVICES THAT THEY'RE PART OF TERRORIST MAFIA.

ASK U.S NOT TO GIVE VISA TO IRANIAN INTELLIGENCE SERVICES AT THIS TIME FRAME, SO THEY CAN BRING PEOPLE FROM IRAN FOR DEMO.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada threatens Iran with UN action on rights record Fri. 5 Aug 2005

AFP

OTTAWA - Canada threatened Friday to introduce a UN resolution on Iran's human rights record as it called on the Islamic republic's new government to improve its human rights record and change its position on nuclear ploriferation.

Canadian Foreign Minister Pierre Pettigrew urged new Iranian President Mahmood Ahmadinejad to "usher in an era of change" to repair relations hurt by the killing of a Canadian journalist in Tehran.

"As no real improvement in Iran's human rights conditions has been noted to date, consultations have begun between Canada and its like-minded partners regarding a possible new resolution on Iran's human rights situation before the UN General Assembly in the fall of 2005," Pettigrew said in a statement.

Earlier, Iran rejected a European Union demand for it to abandon making nuclear fuel with possible weapons use, in return for trade, technology and security incentives.

"Only meaningful change by President Ahmadinejad's new government on Iran's position on human rights and nuclear proliferation can lead to an improvement in our relationship," Pettigrew said, uring Iran to continue negotiations with Europeans.

In May, Pettigrew said Canada had decided to "constrain" its relations with Iran until Iranian authorities handle the case of the Iranian-Canadian photojournalist Zahra Kazemi "in a serious and credible manner."

Kazemi, who was 54, died in custody in Tehran in July 2003 after being arrested for photographing a demonstration outside a Tehran prison. Family lawyers have accused the judiciary of a cover-up, a charge backed by Ottawa.

Iran's government has acknowledged that Kazemi was violently beaten in prison, although the judiciary has also said she may have died after a fall.

Pettigrew on Friday also demanded the "immediate release" of Abdolfattah Soltani, a Kazemi family lawyer arrested after a court hearing on July 25.

Canada also condemned the jailing of dissident journalist Akbar Ganji, the recent hanging of two teenagers and the persecution of minorities, including members of the Baha'i faith.

"We are extremely concerned over the deterioration of the human rights situation in Iran," Pettigrew said.
Rasker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranian Americans protest Iran president's September visit to UN

Associated Press

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2005/08/30/build/world/75-iranvisit.inc

NEW YORK - Iranian Americans opposed to Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday denounced his upcoming visit to the United Nations, citing the new leader's alleged ties to terrorist activities abroad and repressive policies at home.

"He's a terrorist and should not be allowed in this country. What kind of message is that giving for him to come here right after the September 11 anniversary," Shirin Nariman, spokeswoman for the NY Committee against Ahmadinejad (NYCA), said at a press briefing Tuesday.

The briefing was organized by the NYCA to announce its campaign against Ahmadinejad's plan to address the annual U.N. General Assembly session in September.

The NYCA, which maintains that Ahmadinejad has masterminded terrorist activites and assasinations of Iranian dissidents abroad, has the support of about 40 Iranian-American organizations around the United States, Nariman said.

The group further claims that Ahmadinejad as a former student leader during Iran's Islamic Revolution in the 1970s led the 1979 takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran.

Although six former hostages have said that they recognize the new president from news photographs, a review by U.S. investigators has turned up no conclusive evidence that Ahmadinejad was part of the core group of hostage takers who held Americans for 444 days.

Nariman was joined by other speakers representing Iranian communities in New York, Washington, D.C. and Florida, as well as Americans who spoke in support of the campaign.

Bahman Badiee of the Iranian Society of South Florida called on the United States and the United Nations to block Ahmadinejad's visit.

"It's time for the governments of Europe and the United States to heed the call of the Iranian people who aspire to an end to the rule of tyranny," he said.

Echoing other speakers' claims that Ahmadinejad did not represent the majority of the Iranian people and held no popular legitimacy, he said "Iran's UN seat belongs to the Iranian nation, and not to Tehran's terrorist president and his delegation."

Calls to Iran's mission to the United Nations on Tuesday were not immediately returned.

Ahmadinejad, the former mayor of Tehran, defeated more reform-minded candidates in a presidential contest in June. The United States has criticized the election as undemocratic.

U.S. President George W. Bush has said Ahmadinejad would receive a U.S. visa to attend the United Nations General Assembly in September. As the host nation for the United Nations, which is headquartered in New York, the United States is obligated under U.N. rules to approve visas to foreign leaders regardless of their relations with the United States.

"We have an agreement with the United Nations to allow people to come to meet, and I suspect he will be here to meet at the United Nations," Bush said earlier this month.
Spenta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with UN protests is that since 9/11 they don't let anyone anywhere near the UN, so the permit you actually get puts you a few blocks away, where nobody will see it, and the press usually endup missing it too. Its a real Siberia place for a protest, with very little foot traffic.

It would be better to schedule it outside the Iranian UN mission on 5th Ave because the I$lami$t Terrorist $cum will see it, and more people will see it.

Also 5th Ave gets alot more foot traffic, so many more people will see it. When Khatami spoke at the UN in 2001 the protest was held on 5th Ave, across the st. from the IRI mission, it managed to attract alot of press, and passersby were very interested too. But when MPG did they their protest outside of the UN a year or 2 later it didn't get the same attention. The UN protests endup in such a bad place many people miss it.

Just some thoughts I'm jutting down for this thing ...
Rasker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta, good points, which I hope the leadership is taking into consideration. Here's a note that SMCCDI has regarding the NYCA btw:

SMCCDI NOTE:

The Group which has named itself as "NY Committee against Ahmadinejad" (NYCA), and has declared acting on behalf of Iranian Americans, is not related to the massive movement created by most Iranians and Iranian American groups which are organizing protest actions at the UN on September 14th. The news of such coalition was reported by the Information Service of SMCCDI on August 22nd.

The present SMCCDI note follows a verbal request (available upon demand) made by a named Shirin Nariman who's a member of this newly (NYCA ) group which is subject of the above AP report. Nariman who seems to be a resident of Virginia, has asked from SMCCDI to put a clarification on the clear distinction between her group and the secularist coalition subject of the SMCCDI report of August 22nd.

It's to note that some newly formed groups uses widely the term Iranian Americans without any specification. Such use might induce some news agencies in error and made them think that the group is representing all Iranian Americans estimated at over a million individuals.

http://www.daneshjoo.org/publishers/currentnews/article_2601.shtml
thru freeandseculariran yahoogroup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: