[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arash.au

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Hello people Reply with quote

So this is where Spenta, Oppie and the rest of the SMCCDI gang ended up. Glad I found you guys. This seems like an alright place. I think I'll stay. Very Happy

Feel free to make me feel welcome. Laughing

--Ralph Waldo Emmerson
IIRF

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you could join!

Nice to see new members as it has been a little slow around here for a while.

Cheers,
IIRF

www.imperialforces.org
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.
-Unknown

Hey Arash, good to hear from you...How's Winter down under...hear they're putting the freeze on militant mullahs puking on civilization.
Maybe they'll send 'em on a permanent "walkabout" (chuckle).

As you know, it isn't always reason that put some folks in a bottomless pit, like the story of the farmer's donkey trapped in the well, it took a while before the donkey realized that the dirt shoveled on top of him by the farmer was raising the ground beneath him as he shook it off. Rather than being buried alive, the donkey was able to step out of the well.
So it goes with perception of change.

Mullahs are doing a lot of braying, calling the IAEA unan. decision "cruel"

Oh yeah, please play "victim" Mr. Mullah.....prove to us all that you accuse others of what you are most guilty of in multiple ways.

Arash, these fools in a deep well are gonna get a lot of dirt piled on come September in the UN. But don't expect them to be able to shake it off...it's gonna bury them alive.
Arash.au

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're speaking of sanctions I don't think they're going to happen. What are they going to place sanctions on? Carpets? No, it's going to be on oil. At this time, with the price of oil so high no country, maybe not even the united states is going to vote for sanctions to be placed on Iranian oil.

And secondly, did sanctions do anything for Iraq? Oil was still being taken out of Iraq, by the Turks, the Russians, the Chinese and others despite everything.

What is it that's going to happen in the UN exactly?

--Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Arash,

You'll find any number of petitions on this forum, but I don't do petitions...I take a more direct and personal approach. Folks that know me well will tell you I'm real good at getting through. Been at this a long time, and I can measure the results in tangible ways looking at the changes in the world today. Iran is pretty much the latest in a series of crisis the US and coalition of nations in the war on terror has faced since 9/11.

See there's a strategy of intent, it's not for me to tell my government what to do in wartime, or get into specific methods which they are far better able to assess the worth of than I.

What I can do is provide perspective, and offer a broad strategic assesment, along with possibilities for solutions.

That my friend, is often worth more to them than you can imagine.

This is pretty much "the guts" of various letters that have gone out by my pen, over the last 6 weeks, updated as needed, and tweeked as developments unfold.

-----------------Excerpt --------------------------

I hope this adds a little perspective to the mix.

Regarding the NIE that was leaked to the Washington Post, I know they cherry-picked from it to "spin" it. But in any case, 10 years is a dangerously optimistic estimate for the IRI producing a bomb on their own. Intent is not only clear, but where there's a will on the part of the IRI, there's a way. 2 or 3 years is equally dangerous and optimistic. There's something in general to consider in the following that should wake folks up quicker than a strong cup of coffee in the morning.

So please allow me to put a citizen's NIE in your hands, as well as a possible political solution folks may consider:

Anyone looking at a map can see the "bookended" nature of the strategic position Tehran is in at the moment, with two fledgling democracies and thousands of US/coalition troops on its borders.
The reports out of the Pentagon regarding shaped explosive charges originating and shipped from Iran (of Revolutionary Guard origin), are but a manifestation of a coordinated effort between the regime in Tehran, Hizbollah, and al-quaida to ferment civil war in Iraq.
Tehran has been at "war by proxy" with the US since the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut, and it may only be a matter of time before there is no other option left on the table except a military one to resolve the situation.
This prospect may terrify folks more than terrorism itself, but there's only one viable solution to effectively stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan permanently. It is quite simply, "regime change" in Tehran.
How an alternate "regime change" solution manifests is fully dependent on whether the international community has the guts to support a rather extensive opposition community inside and outside Iran as they have begged and pleaded with the international community to do for some time. Given that the other options; to do nothing or go to war ;are not quite as viable in solving the problem, nor the first options to contemplate, given the situation needs resolution and that war is the last option.

To this point, the only leader of free nations who's had that alternate vision of an Iran existing within the community of nations ..."in larger freedom", and had the guts to voice the option is President GW Bush...."..and to the Iranian people I say tonight, as you stand for your own liberty, America stands with you." The man presented possibilities to people in so doing, as a president will on occasion.

The IRI is fast pushing the free world to another alternative that could be far worse, if the IRI does produce a nuclear weapon before the people decide their own fate, and remove the threat both to them and the international community.

It took America just 3.5 years, from 1942-45 to build an industry from scratch, based on designs from scratch, building a city from scratch to build a bomb from scratch , with only theories to go on, in the middle of the largest and most costly war in history. Yet we did this and ended that war that had cost 50 million lives up to that point with the weapon that no one knew would even work at the time it was being produced. Just 3.5 years, from theory to reality.( 3.5 years from the time FDR read a letter signed by Einstein till the Trinity test..).

Now Iran has had at least 18 years, lots of help from other nations, black market smugglers, and their scientists have had proven designs to work with. It's not because their scientists aren't as smart as America's, or that they lack the raw materials, the technological capability or the will to build it, that prevented them from doing so. Fact is, the only reason I can think of is that containment by western nations has been up to this point fairly successful even with the smuggling, and outside help they've had. But it has it's limits, and the limit has been reached.

The Iranian Clock is ticking. While the EU3 has been messing about trading and negotiating with Tehran, two solid years have passed, allowing the IRI regime to secretly consolidate it's nuclear program, it's armed force structure, train and recruit martyr brigades for terrorist action, destabilizing the region by proxy and all of it directly flying in the face of UN resolutions, as a member and original 1948 signatory to the UN charter.

Its unelected president, coming to power in a soft-sell military coup de etat, is leading the crushing of any and all dissent, and you can see the recent State Dept taken question on the regime's actions regarding the Kurdish minority in the Northwest of Iran to illustrate this fact. A crime against humanity in its very beginning stages. Among many crimes against humanity committed by this regime over the years.

His visa application to address the UN in New York this September is under State Dept. review pending the outcome of an ongoing investigation into his role in the Iran hostage crisis, as well as targeted assassinations in Europe, and his self confessed putting the coup de grace bullet into many a tortured political prisoner. Under normal circumstances a foreign leader would be granted visa, but this is not a normal situation, even as the president "expects" that the unelected leader of Iran will be granted visa to attend the September UN Summit, it will just as well be an appropriate time to serve notice on the IRI and its leadership directly, face to face in the forum of nations. Koffe Annan has alluded to this directly if the enrichment is not halted.

Take the regime's abysmal human rights record, it's support for terrorism, its WMD ambitions, and its leadership, and what you have is the perfect "test case" for UN reform in every conceivable way, including the limits of "diplomatic immunity" and the US role as host nation to the UN in any possible prosecution should the investigation warrant.

Now, the words "regime change" may be the modern political bogyman in diplomatic circles in Europe and among Democrats, but they , and the American public as well as the UN should remember and reflect on Churchill's words as he put it, "Given the choice between war and dishonor, Chamberlain chose dishonor and got war."

We shall see if the UN honors the precepts of its founding Charter, whether the EU will continue to trade and negotiate with a terrorist regime, and whether America comes together in bipartisanship to honor the words of President Bush to the Iranian people.

Logic dictates that with or without referral by the IAEA, this unelected regime should not just be sanctioned by the UN Security Council, but booted out of the UN altogether for gross violation of the UN charter, which Iran is a signatory to, believing it to be criminally negligent for any nation to support the continuance and aspirations of the Islamic Republic of Iran one day longer, and remaining "seized of the matter."

The coordination of economic and military sanction, freezing of assets, closing of embassies, banishment from the UN General Assembly, and other non-violent measures as may be found worthy under international law will be overwhelming to the Islamic Republic of Iran, providing solid legitimate purpose and support among the people of Iran to effect change from within. In confidence that an interim government and UN monitored referendum regarding a representative permanent government and constitution will be the result of the Iranian people's efforts.

"Regime change" Iranian style with a little help from their friends will be "Quartet Music" to the future's ears, played in greater freedom.

Folks have suggested that the Iranian opposition's info on the regime is politically motivated and therefore "biased". Well so it is...biased in favor of their freedom and security, just like you and me and the President, the UN and a whole lot of other folks trying their best to find equitable solutions and justice. They well know their credibility is on the line, I doubt if they would cook the info for political purposes...as that would be self-defeating.

What motivates me personally? Aside from being a loyal and concerned US citizen...

Until I take my last dying breath on this planet, I'll do what I can at whatever personal risk, to see that not one more A-bomb is detonated by anyone, ever again. These are my personal reasons for standing solidly behind the president, as well as in supporting the legitimate aspirations of the Iranian people. It's also a "dad thing" for the sake of my children and their children's children.

I hope folks find this to be simple common sense in bipartisan and global common cause. Thanks for reviewing it.

Sincerely,

(Oppenheimer)
Spenta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arash

Good to have you here. Its pretty nice here, altho it seems like many are on summer vacation now, but they should be back soon.

Anyway everyone on Activistchat, Arash is very nice, level headed, very reasonable and not a hothead like many of us Laughing
Arash.au

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
Hi Arash

Good to have you here. Its pretty nice here, altho it seems like many are on summer vacation now, but they should be back soon.

Anyway everyone on Activistchat, Arash is very nice, level headed, very reasonable and not a hothead like many of us Laughing

I'm not always level headed! Just ask Oppie Very Happy

--Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Arash.au

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way way too many sticky and anouncement threads around though! Admin should clean up the place a bit.

--Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not always level headed! Just ask Oppie
-----------------

Yeah, but we got that straitened out...(chuckle)...and what are friends for anyway?

Let me offer a suggestion about what to be best armed with....

"Logic over emotionalism, Truth over viewpoint, Ethics over all."

These are my words, words I do my best to live by, regardless of what else I may be armed with in defense of freedom.
Spenta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Arash

I agree Admin should cleanup this place, way too many outdated stuff. They should create an Archived section for anything older than a week

But I always recalled you being level headed, in comparison to the rest of the hotheads, myself included Laughing

PS. Nice Avatar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: