[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN: Motorcycle gunman kills Iran judge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: CNN: Motorcycle gunman kills Iran judge Reply with quote

Motorcycle gunman kills Iran judge

Tuesday, August 2, 2005; Posted: 10:16 a.m. EDT (14:16 GMT)

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08/02/iran.judge.killing.ap/

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- A gunman on a motorcycle shot dead in Tehran on Tuesday an Iranian judge who tried the case of a prominent journalist now on hunger strike, a judiciary spokesman said.

Masoud Moqadasi, a judge who oversaw a case against now-imprisoned journalist Akbar Ganji, was shot dead in his car after leaving his central Tehran office Tuesday afternoon, said Iranian judiciary spokesman Jamal Karimirad.

Moqadasi headed the Tehran judiciary complex and specialized in cases of social vice, Karimirad told The Associated Press.

It was not immediately clear what, if any, connection there was between the killing and the Ganji case.

As the judge attempted to drive away from his office, the gunman sped up to Moqadasi's car on a motorcycle and sprayed it with assault rifle fire, killing the judge, Karimirad said. The assailant escaped.

Police blocked the street and cordoned off the shooting scene, Ahmad Qasir Street, also known by its previous name, Bucharest Street. No one has claimed responsibility for the killing.

Karimirad said Moqadasi handled the first case against investigative reporter Ganji, who was jailed in 2000 for reporting that intelligence officials murdered five Iranian dissidents in 1998.

Iran's Intelligence Ministry later blamed the murders on "rogue agents" in the secret service.

Ganji, who remains on hunger strike, is being treated in Tehran's Milad Hospital under police guard. His wife, Masoumeh Shafiei, said last week that her husband has lost a lot of weight and is in delicate health.

Last edited by cyrus on Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is interesting. If its the opposition, then they are starting to wage a psychological war that can help crumble the Mullah$ fascist grip. People side with the Mullah$ and their goons work for them for money and out of fear. But when a greater fear takes over, such as getting killed by the opposition, then things and allegiances change.

Altho, this could simply be a Mullah mafia hit, because of some bad financial Mullah mafia deal. Hard to tell. But since the regime is trying to make it sound like it was an internal hit, then who knows, maybe it really was the opposition.
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Spenta,

For a single person on a moterbike to aim and fire a full clip from an assault rifle on the move, into another moving vehicle is pushing the limits of the possible, one only has two hands. Even letting go of the handle bars (which is possible, in a strait line), the recoil would throw the bike off center, risking a wreck.
It's virtually impossible to handle an assault rifle one handed, and keep aim steady, during a full-auto burst using up a full clip (30 rounds AK 47 7.62 mm) Perhaps having the sling of the rifle rapped around the arm holding the handle bars, as a prop to hold the gun steady, but aiming would be a bit more difficult.

Not something one could do alone without practice, in any case.

Now I may not be correct in the type of weapon, but it's very common, as is the caliber.

Plus then there's the fact that it would be almost impossible to hide such a weapon prior to, or after assault on a bike.

Only certain people on the street allowed to carry that type weapon, thus it's probable that when "Iran's Intelligence Ministry later blamed the murders on "rogue agents" in the secret service. " ..They were accurate.

Don't think for a minute that Opposition is not inside... as well on the street in protests.

Ganji's past associates may be getting even for him.
Rasker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Group takes responsiblity of killing the regime's judge Reply with quote

Friday, August 05, 2005
Group takes responsiblity of killing the regime's judge
regimechangeiran

Iranian bloggers and news sources such as Pichay, Goroohesiyahkal, IranPan, and Gooya News: an English translation of the essential elements of these reports.

As indicated in these Persian web sites, a group called Secret Armed Youths Organization ( A Branch of Pan-Iranists party) takes the full responsiblity of murder of the judge who was shot a few days ago in Tehran.

The group claims they killed the judge because he has been killing and torturing political prisoners since 1980s.

This group also claims that they killed this judge to support Akbar Ganji and other political prisoners in the prisons of the Islamic Republic.

The web sites published their call for death of other judges of the regime in the days ahead and warn them to be careful.
Spenta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For a single person on a moterbike to aim and fire a full clip from an assault rifle on the move, into another moving vehicle is pushing the limits of the possible, one only has two hands. Even letting go of the handle bars (which is possible, in a strait line), the recoil would throw the bike off center, risking a wreck.
It's virtually impossible to handle an assault rifle one handed, and keep aim steady, during a full-auto burst using up a full clip (30 rounds AK 47 7.62 mm) Perhaps having the sling of the rifle rapped around the arm holding the handle bars, as a prop to hold the gun steady, but aiming would be a bit more difficult.

Well dear Oppenheimer, I'm going to have to take your word for it, since I can't remember when was the last time I fired an assault rifle with one hand, or for that matter both hands while riding a motorcycle Laughing

But you make a convincing case that this was a professional hit with the backing of more than one lone cyclist. However, I think its interesting that everyone is trying to take credit. The Mullah$ claim it was an internal hit, the opposition claims it was them. If it really was an internal hit would the Mullah$ really divulge that?
Oppenheimer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Spenta,

Still have that adorable sense of humor I see...(chuckle) Oh yeah, three monkies was a barrel of fun, wondered when someone would do justice with photoshop...LOOOL!

You wrote:

"Well dear Oppenheimer, I'm going to have to take your word for it, since I can't remember when was the last time I fired an assault rifle with one hand, or for that matter both hands while riding a motorcycle"

Let's see, having emptied a thirty round clip off a SEMI-auto AK 47, 7.62mm as fast as I could pull the trigger...just for shits and giggles, scaring off a few coyotes that were messing about on a friend's land, as well as having owned a motorcycle in the past...doing wheelies, and other crazy ass stunts I should have died while trying as a kid...

But never actually having had the fun of trying both at the same time....

I guess you could say that I'm making an educated guess as to the parameters involved.

Not to say it's impossible, just hard as hell to get right the first time.

One thing for sure, the fellow had a lookout to signal him the judge was on the way, and that the coast was clear he wouldn't get smacked by a truck or run into a cop. Yeah he had some help in all probability. Being a pro-hit, he'd have a lookout, maybe two in line of sight on either end of the street from the alley he came out of (figure he had to be concealed somewhere prior to the hit, to make the weapon ready while stopped and waiting).

" If it really was an internal hit would the Mullah$ really divulge that? "

Spenta, the stupidity of this regime never ceases to amaze me, and truthfully, you're asking me to put myself into the mind of the utterly insane. Friends don't let friends do that lest they become nuts themselves trying...(chuckle).

But seriously, the regime has enemies crawling out of every worm hole in the woodwork.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: