[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Homeland is where there is no Harrasment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: My Homeland is where there is no Harrasment Reply with quote

This is probably one of the best things I've read yet! Kudos, Bravo and Afarin to Ms.Nadereh Afshari
-----------------------------------------------------

Full text in Persian on Iranvajahan web site:
http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=fa&y=1382&m=10&d=09&a=2

Quick English Synopsis

Nadereh Afshari
Iranvajahan

12/28/03

The Intelligence Ministy of the Islamic Republic of Iran contacted me through an intermediary with an invitaion to visit Iran. When asked by the intermediary "Do you want to take her to Evin prison", they responded with "No we want to show her Iran. Tell her to come with her children to see Iran as it is today. Nadereh Afshari who left Iran 18 years ago has not had a chance to see all of Iran's progress under the Islamic rule, and she doesn't know what amazing progress has taken place. This Islamic nation has advanced centuries beyond the European nations in progress and rebuilding." Mr. Naser Zara'ati and Manuchehr Salehi during their trips back to Iran, in an attempt to further trash the Pahlavi eras spoke of the glories of rebuilding in Iran during the time of Amir Kabir and Sheikh Rafsanjani and its solidification during the current presidency. Then they joked that if road building under the Pahalvis was an art, then the Mullahs did it many times over.

I don't care to get involved with these masters of political games and propoganda inside and outside of Iran, I just want to emphasize that road building, running gas and building parks is not necessarily a sign of establishing modernity, and it can also indicate the reverse as well. The best roads, railroads and highways of the mid twentieth century were built by 2 of the most anti-human brutal leaders of all time, Stalin and Hitler.

The massive death toll in the Roodbar earthquke a few years ago and in particular the recent Bam earthquake shows how false, unsubstantiated and hollow all these claims of rebuilding and progress by the reigme and its supporters abroad are. In our occupied Iran of today an earthquke of magnitutde 6 on the Richter scale kills upwards of 50,000 people, and in America an earthquake of magnitude 7 on the Richter scale has only 2 fatalities.

But my response to the invitation of the rulers of the Islamic Republic of Iran is: I officially annouce that I will travel to my country which is occupied by Freedom killers once I am able to walk in the beautiful Pahlavi Boulevard of Tehran, or Chahr Bagh in Esfehan, or Zand in Shiraz in a mini skirt, with salon hair and lipstick, while holding my husband's arms and happily laughing and joking with him, and afterwards we can go to Nancy Cafe on Abas Abad street where we can order sweet wine while holding Noruz gits for our children and talking about all the parties we just attended joyously with all of our loved ones.

What I have written is my symbolic statement of freedom, which as a result of 25 years of collaboartion by our backwards intellectuals with this oppressive occupiers of Iran has been stolen from our people.

My Homeland is Where there is No harrassment
Nobody bothers anyone else

This simple slogan is the obvious, most common and basic statement of freedom and security. In a country where I can't wear what I want, speak however way I want or with whom I want, where for evey movement I have to pass a hundred religious tests which I find as the basis for the loss of all freedom and security in my nation, where there is no freedom or any security then as my friend Ms. Mahshid Amir Shahi says not even the ashes of my corpse shall visit there while it is still under the brutal Islamic occupation force.

I love my Iran in that way in which they don't stone someone to death for love, a land where the pay for a grave digger can be higher than the cost of freedom.

To All Divisions of the Islamic Republic of Iran
All Foundations and Organistations Outside of Iran Dedicated to Promoting This Plagued Iran
Nadereh Afshari, 28th December 2003.
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent piece.. Wink

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
nEARLYfLUID

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My Homeland is where there is no Harrasment Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
This is probably one of the best things I've read yet! Kudos, Bravo and Afarin to Ms.Nadereh Afshari
-----------------------------------------------------

Full text in Persian on Iranvajahan web site:
http://www.iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=fa&y=1382&m=10&d=09&a=2

Quick English Synopsis

Nadereh Afshari
Iranvajahan

12/28/03

The Intelligence Ministy of the Islamic Republic of Iran contacted me through an intermediary with an invitaion to visit Iran. When asked by the intermediary "Do you want to take her to Evin prison", they responded with "No we want to show her Iran. Tell her to come with her children to see Iran as it is today. Nadereh Afshari who left Iran 18 years ago has not had a chance to see all of Iran's progress under the Islamic rule, and she doesn't know what amazing progress has taken place. This Islamic nation has advanced centuries beyond the European nations in progress and rebuilding." Mr. Naser Zara'ati and Manuchehr Salehi during their trips back to Iran, in an attempt to further trash the Pahlavi eras spoke of the glories of rebuilding in Iran during the time of Amir Kabir and Sheikh Rafsanjani and its solidification during the current presidency. Then they joked that if road building under the Pahalvis was an art, then the Mullahs did it many times over.

I don't care to get involved with these masters of political games and propoganda inside and outside of Iran, I just want to emphasize that road building, running gas and building parks is not necessarily a sign of establishing modernity, and it can also indicate the reverse as well. The best roads, railroads and highways of the mid twentieth century were built by 2 of the most anti-human brutal leaders of all time, Stalin and Hitler.

The massive death toll in the Roodbar earthquke a few years ago and in particular the recent Bam earthquake shows how false, unsubstantiated and hollow all these claims of rebuilding and progress by the reigme and its supporters abroad are. In our occupied Iran of today an earthquke of magnitutde 6 on the Richter scale kills upwards of 50,000 people, and in America an earthquake of magnitude 7 on the Richter scale has only 2 fatalities.

But my response to the invitation of the rulers of the Islamic Republic of Iran is: I officially annouce that I will travel to my country which is occupied by Freedom killers once I am able to walk in the beautiful Pahlavi Boulevard of Tehran, or Chahr Bagh in Esfehan, or Zand in Shiraz in a mini skirt, with salon hair and lipstick, while holding my husband's arms and happily laughing and joking with him, and afterwards we can go to Nancy Cafe on Abas Abad street where we can order sweet wine while holding Noruz gits for our children and talking about all the parties we just attended joyously with all of our loved ones.

What I have written is my symbolic statement of freedom, which as a result of 25 years of collaboartion by our backwards intellectuals with this oppressive occupiers of Iran has been stolen from our people.

My Homeland is Where there is No harrassment
Nobody bothers anyone else

This simple slogan is the obvious, most common and basic statement of freedom and security. In a country where I can't wear what I want, speak however way I want or with whom I want, where for evey movement I have to pass a hundred religious tests which I find as the basis for the loss of all freedom and security in my nation, where there is no freedom or any security then as my friend Ms. Mahshid Amir Shahi says not even the ashes of my corpse shall visit there while it is still under the brutal Islamic occupation force.

I love my Iran in that way in which they don't stone someone to death for love, a land where the pay for a grave digger can be higher than the cost of freedom.

To All Divisions of the Islamic Republic of Iran
All Foundations and Organistations Outside of Iran Dedicated to Promoting This Plagued Iran
Nadereh Afshari, 28th December 2003.

Spenta, you wouldn't have the time to translate it would you Wink I know that it is much to ask... Wink anyhow, the synopsis sounded great..
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the above is not a synopsis, it is an actual translation of her short piece in Iranvajahan
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOps I clicked on submit before I could finish. I called it a synopsis because there was one sentense I struggled with which I left out, so I realised I couldn't call it a translation without that sentense, and settled for synopsis onstead, its about a 99.9% translation.

Frasidict is down right now and has been for days for some unknown reason, so I can't type in the Persian words I don't know to get a translation right now, so I couldn't tranlate that sentence because it had too many words I didn't know!
redemption

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: that is Reply with quote

Spenta wrote:
OOps I clicked on submit before I could finish. I called it a synopsis because there was one sentense I struggled with which I left out, so I realised I couldn't call it a translation without that sentense, and settled for synopsis onstead, its about a 99.9% translation.

Frasidict is down right now and has been for days for some unknown reason, so I can't type in the Persian words I don't know to get a translation right now, so I couldn't tranlate that sentence because it had too many words I didn't know!

That is a very nice article. Thanks Spenta for the post..
faramarz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: that is Reply with quote

redemption wrote:
Spenta wrote:

Two thumbs up for the image... and the post Wink
CryFreedomDMB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: that is Reply with quote

faramarz wrote:
redemption wrote:
Spenta wrote:

Two thumbs up for the image... and the post Wink

ditto -
That this crowd will not subside
Let this flag burn to dust
And a new a fair design be raised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: