[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which system for a democratic Iran?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Which system for a democratic Iran? Reply with quote

there is a big difference between liberalism as intended in America and in Europe.
In America, the liberals are the Democrats or the Leftists.
In Europe, the liberals are mainly rightists.

European Liberalism is tied to the most famous liberal thinkers such as Karl Popper,Alexis De Toqueville,John Locke,Adam Smith,the great american thinkers George Washington, Abraham Lincoln,Lord Acton..
I can also remember great thinkers,many of which come to Italy very often to meet with the italian liberal think tanks. They are people like Robert A. Sirico,Michael Novak, etc..
These people are catholic and are committed to explain the natural connection of the Christian tradition with the liberal and free-market values.
Great ancient catholic thinkers such as Ignacio de Loyola,Saint Agostino,Saint Thomas D'Aquino, are all exemple of how liberal ideas and the free market values were common and not alien to the Christian tradition..

the State is not who that gives the rights.
The rights are natural.
Instead,the State's task is to protect your rights and guarantee that they are not violated.
But it's not the State that gives the rights.
The human being is superior to the State.
That's why i believe that a true liberal is also a believer in the "minimum state" that means that the State must intervene only when the people's rights are abused or the people is unable to do something.
For the rest, the State must give the citizens full freedom to choose how to live, what to do work,what to study,how to dress,what to believe in,etc..
I also believe in the free enterprise.
An enterpreuner is a people's servant.
He works for the benefit of the people.
The enterpreuner is who that gives people the jobs,and who that gives people the chance to choose .
The enterpreuner is who that creates jobs and help to improve the society.

In a free-market system,the citizens have more rights, included the right to choose freely what to buy,how to dress,what religion to follow, just becoz the market put in front of you many alternatives, where you can choose your favourite.

And a free-market system,like that praticed in the Western countries,is the best way to give rights to the citizens and grant them full freedom to purse their happiness..and own properties. This is why the private property is sacred.
A non-free-market system may be a dictatorial regime.

Karl Popper,Friederick Von Hayek,Carl Menger,etc.. all of these people have made it clear that the "minimum state" works better for granting the maximum liberty to the people.

As i said, the State must intervene only when it sees that the people is unable to do something or his rights are violated.
The Individual Liberty is sacred.
The State has not the right to interfere into the private life of the citizens, nor deny them their right to do by themselves.
Reapeat, the State must intervene only when the people is in huge need of help.

This is my opinion, which i learned to appreciate these values by following courses of liberalism, and studying the thought of many liberal thinkers .
I believe these are universal values that should be adopted by the world's nations.

That's also why i am a strong supporter of all the people in the world who dont know what democracy means becoz they are oppressed by statalist or however dictatorial states like the Islamic Regime, who pratically control every aspect of the people's life,even private.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Which system for a democratic Iran? Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
there is a big difference between liberalism as intended in America and in Europe.
In America, the liberals are the Democrats or the Leftists.
In Europe, the liberals are mainly rightists.

European Liberalism is tied to the most famous liberal thinkers such as Karl Popper,Alexis De Toqueville,John Locke,Adam Smith,the great american thinkers George Washington, Abraham Lincoln,Lord Acton..
I can also remember great thinkers,many of which come to Italy very often to meet with the italian liberal think tanks. They are people like Robert A. Sirico,Michael Novak, etc..
These people are catholic and are committed to explain the natural connection of the Christian tradition with the liberal and free-market values.
Great ancient catholic thinkers such as Ignacio de Loyola,Saint Agostino,Saint Thomas D'Aquino, are all exemple of how liberal ideas and the free market values were common and not alien to the Christian tradition..

the State is not who that gives the rights.
The rights are natural.
Instead,the State's task is to protect your rights and guarantee that they are not violated.
But it's not the State that gives the rights.
The human being is superior to the State.
That's why i believe that a true liberal is also a believer in the "minimum state" that means that the State must intervene only when the people's rights are abused or the people is unable to do something.
For the rest, the State must give the citizens full freedom to choose how to live, what to do work,what to study,how to dress,what to believe in,etc..
I also believe in the free enterprise.
An enterpreuner is a people's servant.
He works for the benefit of the people.
The enterpreuner is who that gives people the jobs,and who that gives people the chance to choose .
The enterpreuner is who that creates jobs and help to improve the society.

In a free-market system,the citizens have more rights, included the right to choose freely what to buy,how to dress,what religion to follow, just becoz the market put in front of you many alternatives, where you can choose your favourite.

And a free-market system,like that praticed in the Western countries,is the best way to give rights to the citizens and grant them full freedom to purse their happiness..and own properties. This is why the private property is sacred.
A non-free-market system may be a dictatorial regime.

Karl Popper,Friederick Von Hayek,Carl Menger,etc.. all of these people have made it clear that the "minimum state" works better for granting the maximum liberty to the people.

As i said, the State must intervene only when it sees that the people is unable to do something or his rights are violated.
The Individual Liberty is sacred.
The State has not the right to interfere into the private life of the citizens, nor deny them their right to do by themselves.
Reapeat, the State must intervene only when the people is in huge need of help.

This is my opinion, which i learned to appreciate these values by following courses of liberalism, and studying the thought of many liberal thinkers .
I believe these are universal values that should be adopted by the world's nations.

That's also why i am a strong supporter of all the people in the world who dont know what democracy means becoz they are oppressed by statalist or however dictatorial states like the Islamic Regime, who pratically control every aspect of the people's life,even private.

I agree with the points made and also the thinkers you have cited. Hopefully through mobilization on every front for every important cause, mass awareness, education, etc.. we can help to put these great works and thoughts in the hands of more and more citizens of the world.

it will happen.

Steph and others - you might be interested in reading what the Choice.maker has written in the support the students section...

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: