[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In memory of princess Leila

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pantea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: In memory of princess Leila Reply with quote

Iran's Crown Jewel

March 27, 2005
Iran va Jahan
Reza Bayegan

Today, 27 March is the 35th birthday of Iran's Princess Leila Pahlavi who died in June 2001 in London. Her death was by and large due to the pain of an exile that had become unbearable to her. Accordingly, the coincidence of her birthday with the days of Iran's greatest national celebration, marking the beginning of spring could not have been more felicitous. This beautiful Princess renewed in our hearts a passion for the country she could not live without. She made us search in our souls and see that what was sine qua non to her was also absolutely essential to our own spiritual survival. Her tragic death made us more than ever aware of the urgency of liberating our homeland.

That day at her funeral in Paris with Iranians coming from all over the world and all walks of life carrying white roses (Princess Leila's favorite), one could witness how the deep bottled up desire of Iranians for freedom was waiting for an opportunity to express itself. That day for me, like many of my compatriots was a watershed and start of entering into a pact with our own consciences to see our country's white, peaceful revolution through. I personally owe that political awakening and inspiration to Princess Leila Pahlavi. Furthermore I know that I am not alone in such indebtedness. Her grave has turned into a pilgrimage for many patriotic Iranians who have a chance to visit Paris.

Princess Leila's death could not have had such an impact upon our collective national consciousness if she was not the person she was during her short but intense life. All those who knew her testify to her being passionately in love with her country. She cherished her Iran with a heart receptive to the rich melodies of its magical poetry and a mind sensitive to its great and remarkable heritage.

In a book recently published by Prince Gholamreza about the legacy of the Pahlavi kings, several pages are devoted to the memory of his niece Leila. He describes how the late Princess used to "turn into a fireball when the topic of discussion reverted to Iran". "Her love for Iran was boundless. Any fresh injury that Iran underwent in the hands of its tyrannical rulers cut her to the quick and deeply wounded her soul". Her uncle writes of the great passion Leila had for Persian literature and history. The favorite gift she frequently made to people was a book of Rumi's poetry.

And who better than this great Iranian mystic poet could understand what afflicted Princess Leila? Who could interest the intricacies of a fine sensibility better than the great philosopher who was weary of wickedness and in quest of true humanity? Rumi was well aware of maladies of the heart that gnaw and torment the soul worse than any physical affliction. He wrote of ailments that bewilder the wisdom of all the great physicians and frustrate the curing power of the most effective medicines:

The love that afflicts the heart
Produces a pain different from all other maladies
In love lies the clue
To all the divine mysteries

And what we Iranians are offered today in the memory of our fragile Princess, is a lesson in love. In our struggle today to free Iran from the dark forces of tyranny, if we overlook the importance of this love, we shall deprive ourselves from one of the most effective weapons that has empowered all peaceful revolutions throughout the ages. Regardless of how much scientific accuracy we invest in our plan to free our country, without the indispensable ingredient of love we shall struggle in vain. Without the vitality of this love, all the persuasive arguments for political change shall merely emanate from sterile hearts and fall onto deaf ears. Without the moving power of this love, all the polished and elegant phraseologies are like sounding brass and tinkling cymbals. Without the unselfish camaraderie created by this love, Iranians will be more concerned with finishing one another off than putting an end to the monstrous dictatorship of the mullahs - one of the main reasons that the cause of freedom has failed in our country for the past 26 years.

Today, on her birthday when we remember our Princess, we should keep in mind the urgency of moving forward in our collective efforts for democratic transformation in our country. In such a journey our most powerful vehicle is love and devotion to our country. And this is the great legacy of Iran's crown jewel, Princess Leila Pahlavi.

http://iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2005&m=03&d=27&a=4

Iranian Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Leila was the one of Shahanshah Aryamehr´s children who loved her father and homeland the most. For that she had to pay the highest price. What happened to Leila is extreamly sad, I canno´t really understand how Shahbanou Farah who has suffered so much since 1979 could survive this sad news, but Shahbanou is the greatest woman in Iran´s history and so she has remained strong. May god forever bless Leila´s soul. And god bless Shahbanou.

pictures from www.leilapahlavi.com
cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: In memory of princess Leila Reply with quote

Pantea wrote:
Iran's Crown Jewel

March 27, 2005
Iran va Jahan
Reza Bayegan

Today, 27 March is the 35th birthday of Iran's Princess Leila Pahlavi who died in June 2001 in London. Her death was by and large due to the pain of an exile that had become unbearable to her. Accordingly, the coincidence of her birthday with the days of Iran's greatest national celebration, marking the beginning of spring could not have been more felicitous. This beautiful Princess renewed in our hearts a passion for the country she could not live without. She made us search in our souls and see that what was sine qua non to her was also absolutely essential to our own spiritual survival. Her tragic death made us more than ever aware of the urgency of liberating our homeland.

http://iranvajahan.net/cgi-bin/news.pl?l=en&y=2005&m=03&d=27&a=4

Source URL: http://www.houseofiran.info/index.html

March 27 A Great Coincidence

Mayor Dick Murphy Declared Sunday, March 27 as Cyrus The Great Day In San Diego

First Declaration of Human Rights by Cyrus the Great
Inscribed in cuneiform on a clay cylinder discovered in 1879, now on display in the British Museum.

Cyrus the Great (585-529 BC), the Iranian emperor, defined the First Declaration of Human Rights on this cylinder. Cyrus is admired more as a liberator than a conqueror of his vast empire because of his respect for human rights and the humane treatment of those he ruled. He is “anointed” in the Bible (Is.45:4) as a liberator of God's people (Is.45:15) and the chosen one (Is.48:14-15). Professor Richard Frye of Harvard University said; “Surely the concept of One World, the fusion of Peoples and Cultures into oneness was one of his important legacies”. The following are excerpts from this ancient cylinder:

I declare that I will respect the tradition, customs and religion of the nations of my empire and never let any of my governors to look down or insult the inhabitants of my nations.
I hereby abolish slavery; my governors are ordered to prohibit exchanging men and women as slaves within their ruling domains. Such a tradition should be exterminated the world over.
If anyone oppresses others, should it happen, I will take his/her right back and penalize the oppressors.
Today I declare Freedom of Religion. All are free to choose any religion, live in all regions and take up any job provided that they never violate other's rights.
These proclamations ring true today in our times as they did in 538 BC.

House of Iran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: