[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Islamic Regime nervous for Bush's Message to Iranian people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Islamic Regime nervous for Bush's Message to Iranian people Reply with quote

Islamic Regime rejects Bush comments on nuclear and democracy issues

By Reuters - World News
Feb 3, 2005, 03:20

TEHRAN - Islamic Regime (Using "Iran" is a Wrong Word) denied Thursday President Bush's repeated charge that it is pursuing nuclear arms, describing accusations in his State of the Union address as "baseless," official news agency IRNA said.

In his speech Wednesday, Bush called Iran the "world's primary state sponsor of terror" and again accused it of seeking to develop atomic weapons.

"These claims have no basis," IRNA quoted Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi as saying.

"Americans are ignoring the established democracy in Iran since the (1979 Islamic) revolution."

Bush's remarks enraged Iran's conservative state-controlled media. State television accused Bush of trying to capture Middle East oil under the pretext of promoting democracy in the region.

"All their slogans are tricks to dominate the oil resources of this region and other strategic areas. Why is Bush only interested in promoting democracy in oil-rich regions?" asked one radio commentator.

Washington accuses Tehran of having a covert weapons program, but Iran says its nuclear facilities would only be used for peaceful power generation.

The European Union is also keeping a close watch on Iran's nuclear program, although it does not publicly accuse the country of pursuing weapons. Germany, France and Britain, acting for the EU, are trying to persuade Iran to scrap processes that could be used to make atomic bombs in return for a package of incentives including trade deals and help with a civilian nuclear program.

"We are working with European allies to make clear to the Iranian regime that it must give up its uranium enrichment program and any plutonium reprocessing, and end its support for terror," Bush said.

Iran's state television accused Washington of inconsistency in its approach to atomic weapons development in the region.

"Such remarks show America's double standards. Why are they silent about Israel's nuclear arsenal?" state television said.

Showing pictures of civilians killed in neighboring Iraq, state television demanded Washington rethink policies which it said were creating anger in the Middle East.

"Middle Easterners have experienced America's support for democracy. They do not believe in American-style democracy," it said.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)

Last edited by stefania on Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Americans are ignoring the established democracy in Iran since the (1979 Islamic) revolution."

What a bunch of clowns they're Laughing Laughing

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus, it was not my intention to use the word "Iran". I did copy and paste..

Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: