[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ledeen on Iraqi Elections and... Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Ledeen on Iraqi Elections and... Iran Reply with quote

DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ [Michael Ledeen]

http://www.nationalreview.com/thecorner/05_01_30_corner-archive.asp#054604

The Iraqi elections are, we can all hope, a lethal blow to the racism of the CIA and the State Dept arabists, all of whom have been saying for decades that democracy just can't work in "that part of the world," because "those people" just aren't capable of democracy. They accordingly saw their role as identifying "our thugs," and getting them into power. The big, brave turnout was an explicit and very dramatic confirmation of the president's view of the war between freedom and tyranny. The Iraqi people want freedom, and they are prepared to risk their lives for it, provided that they get support and half-way decent security.

I hope that the president and his aides draw the obvious lesson: that the other peoples of the region are similar, they are quite capable and fully prepared to govern themselves. If more than seventy per cent of Iraqis voted today, as it seems, imagine how many Iranians would vote. And Syrians, too. And Egytians, and Saudis, and the rest. Think revolution. Please?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)

Last edited by stefania on Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope all the recent huffing and puffing against Iran was not just a carefully planned attempt at scaring the Be Jesus out of the Mullah$ in time for the Iraqi elections, so that they would think twice about carrying out the grander disruptions. If it was ... then it worked in terms of giving the Mullah$ something else to distract them, but as usual by using and taking advantage of the Iranian people to further agendas and doing nothing for them in return!
Rob..NC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Cant predict Reply with quote

..the future but,as I`ve said before the clock is ticking..my feeling time is getting short for the mullas..perseverance in patience and preperation..tic,tic....
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicide Voters vs. Suicide Bombers

Iraqi Bloggers tell the elections

Al Masry :
http://sunofiraq.blogspot.com/2005/01/election-day.html

Election Day
Today we vote, today is a democracy birthday.
The people lines are very long, We heard explosions voice but we vote.
I'm very happy today, long live Iraq, long live love and long live democracy.
I will post more images here.
A suicide explosion in Al-Mansor city, Al-Sader city and in New Baghdad city near election center , but the Iraqis still insistent to vote.
We will crush the terrorists.
The democracy will win.

Alaa:
http://messopotamian.blogspot.com/2005_01_01_messopotamian_archive.html#110708630150708969

SUICIDE BOMBERS V. SUICIDE VOTERS

Greetings Friends,

I bow in respect and awe to the men and women of our people who, armed only with faith and hope are going to the polls under the very real threats of being blown to pieces. These are the real braves; not the miserable creatures of hate who are attacking one of the noblest things that has ever happened to us. Have you ever seen anything like this? Iraq will be O.K. with so many brave people, it will certainly O.K.; I can say no more just now; I am just filled with pride and moved beyond words. People are turning up not only under the present threat to polling stations but also under future threats to themselves and their families; yet they are coming, and keep coming. Behold the Iraqi people; now you know their true metal. We shall never forget the meanness of these bas…s. After this is over there will be no let up, they must be wiped out. It is our duty and the duty of every decent human to make sure this vermin is no more and that no more innocent decent people are victimized.

My condolences to the Great American people for the tragic recent losses of soldiers. The blood of Iraqis and Americans is being shed on the soil of Mesopotamia; a baptism with blood. A baptism of a lasting friendship and alliance, for many years to come, through thick and thin, we shall never forget the brave soldiers fallen while defending our freedom and future.

This is a very hurried message, while we are witnessing something quite extraordinary. I myself have voted and so did members of my family. Thank God for giving us the chance.

Salaam for now

Also, read what the other bloggers have to say:

Ferid

http://iraqi4ever.blogspot.com

Ali:

http://iraqilibe.blogspot.com/2005/01/best-eid-i-ever-had.html

Husayin:
http://democracyiniraq.blogspot.com/2005/01/historic-day-has-come.html

The Historic Day Has Come

I am happy to report...no I am honored to report that I have cast my ballot in our election. It is such an amazing feeling to be able to have some control over the destiny of my nation, a feeling I have not known before! I was one of the first ones to report to our local voting station, and I placed my vote, my stained finger is proof (The authorities are using such a system to make sure people do not vote twice). I was not the only one to show up at the opening of the voting area, there were at least a dozen other Iraqis waiting to take part in this momentus event, and as I left, I saw tens more file in.

It is early in the day, but I am confident of the turnout of the vote. The terrorists have not scared us. They made some attempts at disrupting things yesterday when they attacked an American buildling, and in attacking balloting areas, but it has not been effective. People are going to vote. From the conversations I have had with people across Baghdad, it looks like the Iraqiya list is going to come out on top. But this is speculation and is not as important as the fact that we are voting as a nation now. No more of the shams that Saddam put us through, no more of not having control over the political future, it ends today.

It will be a day forever remembered. My voting was only a simple act, I went, I identified myself, got my finger stained, filled out a ballot, and dropped it in a box. It is not a complex or grand process to the eye, but it is one that I will forever remember and will recount to my children, and their children. And God willing it will be remembered through the ages.

So, there is not much more for me to say on this day. I am just elated and excited. So much hard work and sacrifice has gone into making this day come, and I am so speechless now that it is here. I plan on having a big breakfast and heading otu to encourage more people to vote. Let us all hope that all the recluses will come out, the Sunnis realize the importance of the election, and that all Iraqis vote in a party that builds a strong, free and secular Iraq!

PS - I am sorry for being slow with e-mails over the last few days, it has been a very hectic time for me.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN THE DAYS AHEAD [Cliff May]

http://www.nationalreview.com/thecorner/05_01_30_corner-archive.asp#054690

The enemies of democracy, in Iraq and beyond, today suffered a devastating defeat.

We should not be surprised if, in the days ahead, the Islamic fascists, in their anger and frustration, strike out with a spate of random, mindless murders. But that’s all it will be – a violent fury signifying nothing and changing nothing.

From now on, no one can say that the terrorists are “resisting” occupation. No one can say that they are winning hearts and minds.

Iraqis have courageously defied the hostage takers and throat slitters to insist on their right to live free. They are revolutionaries and they are winning.

Most Americans stand with them, as we stood with those who fought Communism and Nazism, the enemies of democracy in the last century. We stand with freedom fighters everywhere for altruistic reasons – and for selfish reasons, too. We understand that tyranny is an infection. It spreads. And we are not immune. As we learned on 9/11, our oceans no longer insulate us.

Disappointingly, too many Europeans -- and their American friends on the Left and parts of the Right, too – either do not appreciate the difference between tyranny and freedom or are indifferent as to which prevails in the world.

stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIVE TERROR THE FINGER :

http://www.giveterrorthefinger.com

On January 31, 2005, in a show of solidarity with the bravery of the Iraqi people, all Americans should color their index fingers blue or purple, and give terrorism the finger.

The Iraqi elections have been a resounding success. Nearly 70% of eligible Iraqis braved threats of terrorism and voted on January 30. On January 31, we can all show our solidarity and give terrorism the finger just as nearly 10 million Iraqis did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: