[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush dares to "dream"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Bush dares to "dream" Reply with quote

An Essay by me Embarassed

Bush dares to "dream" - and History will prove that he was right.

http://freethoughts.splinder.com/post/3897777

The Bush's inaugural speech was focused on the Promotion of Democracy in the world.

In my opinion, it was a very brilliant speech. President Bush has expressed what is his primary desire : making the history and be remembered as a President who has encouraged the spread of Liberty,just like President Reagan had done.

Yet, just like Reagan's, Bush's speech has drew exaggerate criticism from the usual "pundits" : both from left and right.

On the left, there're those who remind us ( and rightly so ) that America has supported "friendly" tyrants in the past;still, these people are again criticizing the US and its President for advocating a shift from that attitude, by calling the President a "war monger", "imperialist" and "evil",despite there was not any point in his speech where he advocated an imminent war.

Moreover, these people thinks that some peoples are not fit for Democracy and self-govern.This way of thinking is what I call pure racism.

On the right, there're the so-called "paleo-conservatives" ( opposed to the "neocons" ).
They're on the extreme right and have alot in common with the left.
They also have strongly criticized the Bush's speech,writing editorials in which Bush has been labeled as a "dreamer", "utopian" and as being "too far from reality".

To them, the President is wasting precious time by talking about the promotion of Democracy even in countries ruled by regimes who would help us fight terrorism ( as if Saudi Arabia and Pakistan were on our side -that is false ) but whose human rights record is very bad. To these "realists", a Saudi stoned to death for leaving Islam, or a chinese being shot death in public or even a Secularist Pakistani tortured for criticizing certain tenets of Islam, is something we might easily don't care about.

They are the same people who used to believe that appeasement of the Soviets was after all worth the effort,assuming that this would have helped us prevent them from launching missiles to our cities.

It was President Reagan who had realized that that game was dangerous and the Soviets were taking us for a ride.
He had realized that the best way to defeat the Soviet menace was supporting - morally, economically and politically- the peoples enslaved by the Red Army, so that they could overthrow their regimes.

Then, Reagan gave the famous and historical speech in which he has labeled the Soviet's a "Evil Empire".
That very label was mocked by many "analysts" and professionals of Hipocrisy.

He too was labeled as a "dreamer","utopian" and "unrealistic".

Yet, he knew how to turn his rethoric into concrete action and today history proves that he was right.

Moreover,despite the criticism by those who failed to acknowledge what a dictatorship is ( since they never experienced it ), that label awed the Tyrants and lighted the hope in the hearts of millions of slaves of those regimes.

The same is true today. The skeptics doubt that the Democracy project will succeed and do hope that it will fail.

If President Bush will keep that promise, within 4 years things might change in positive.

In the speech was a message to the Tyrants and another to the oppressed.
To the former, Bush has warned that they cannot live hoping that their impunity lasts forever.
To the latter, he has assured that the US will "stay with you".

While the Tyrants of this world have reacted hysterically to the speech,the oppressed and the freedom fighters have praised it.

That is what really counts. Much more than the criticism by those failed "analysts" and the European leaders.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
shiraz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Stephania,
Salute to you my friend!
You are right on!
My father always reminds me that "Life without Hope and Life without Dream is a Life not worth living for"!
Hail to the Chief!
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Bush's speech was solely focused on spreading freedom around the world . Unlike the other occasions in which he has spoken more about Iraq and Afghanistan, this time he has focused on exporting Democracy in the world.

This is a great President.

Cyrus, thanks for putting this article here.

I am endorsing tomorrow's first free elections in Iraq.

After Afghanistan, democracy in Iraq will mean that hope for Democracy in Iran is also possible.

Good Luck to the Iraqi people and my prayers will be with them and also with the Iranian people whose dreams are the same of the Iraqis' : exerciting their own right to self-govern themselves .

Freedom has come to Afghanistan and Iraq . It will come to Iran next time.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ableiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inevitable is a better word. There will be Democracy in Iran, the only question is when. My guess would be in about 5 or 6 years.
That is based on another 2 years in Iraq and 2 or 3 years to deal with Syria and Lebanon. That will clear our back so we don't have to worry about getting stabbed there if the worst happens and Iran requires military action.
Nobody rational wants to see the 1st Armored and the 3rd and 4th Mechanized divisions driving to Tehran. Unfortunatly the Mullahs are not noted for being rational, so it is possible the worst will happen.
I hope that once the Mullahs are isolated, they can be talked into going back to the mosque and letting the citizens of Iran elect a real president and a real parliment. That might just be a dream, but so was having elections in Iraq. The difference between a dream and reality is a plan. Of course a plan alone isn't much. You have to have humans working the plan to make it happen.
My question for Iran is will Iranians co-operate with their liberation? We don't need fighters, we need people that just want a good life and to be free.
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without doubt, the President has given new hope to the oppressed people.

His speech was strong and very beautiful.

He has not quoted Iraq or Afghanistan, and this has proven that he is not focused only on Freedom in Afghanistan and Iraq.

An Iranian friend from Shiraz has told me that President Bush is now loved more than he was before among the Iranians in Iran. In his non-perfect English, he has said : "Mullahs afraid. People very happy "

Rob..NC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: .."I HAVE A DREAM".. Reply with quote

..change can take soooo long..look at Dr. Rice`s appointment last week..first black woman Secertary of State.. we would like it to happen like..yesterday.. but imo..getting it right,must be a priority..the people must be the driving force..until then...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: