[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Shah will return"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khorshid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Spenta,

There’s much to be said about this poll (if the discussion is not interrupted by irrelevant messages which can be posted elsewhere) but you are putting your finger on the most important and revealing fact. Gooya’s writers, from the openly anti-Iranian separatists working for Arran (the self-called “Azerbaijan”) and the Sheikdoms, to the “communists” and the Islamists, do not exactly attract a nationalist or monarchist readership. Easily accessible in Iran and widely promoted by the IR to neutralize the monarchists, it is wonderful to see that the very concept which these and other writers are paid to debase day in and day out, what we call Pahlavism and which Shahzadeh Reza Pahlavi is believed to represent, ends up holding the first place in the poll---first place for those who chose to pick a person. Although I’m on the mailing list of most websites showing sympathy for the monarchy, including the many fakes, I did not receive a single e-mail notifying me of the poll. Moddaressi’s coming up second, on the other hand, was the result of mass e-mails sent to WCP members, one of the smallest of such groups in existence. I know of their mass notification because I’m also on their mailing list! I also agree that had the poll been taken amongst a group that was more representative of Iranian demographics, RP would still lead in the fist place.

I think we’ll do well to remember also that Gooya (Shahrvand, iran-emrooz, etc)’s writers are not even representatives of all republicans. All republicans in my opinion maybe GOMRAH, but they are not all of the type that feel they must attack our culture, rewrite our history and put personal grudges before the interests of the country. (Nouri-ala, Eshraghi, perhaps even the younger Farahanipour are but three examples). And so, I have no doubt that presented with such names as we see in this poll, RP received the support of many republicans themselves. (You remember, I think, the story about a friend who, being a communist but not affiliated with any parties, has great admiration for the Pahlavis---He will give anyone a long lecture if he or she fails to refer to Reza Shah as Reza Shah the Great.)

irani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There’s much to be said about this poll (if the discussion is not interrupted by irrelevant messages which can be posted elsewhere) but you are putting your finger on the most important and revealing fact.

وای بر
آدمهای که دیگران را قبول ندارن
Spenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the discussion is once again interrupted by irrelevant messages which can be posted elsewhere for a reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: