[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ah, the French
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mary_c

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: liberté égalité fraternité Reply with quote

[quote="Spenta"]The big difference between the Americans and the French is:

Americans routinely protest against their government's foreign policy, warmongering, support of dictatorships, greed, etc. and the French don't. The French govt.

Hullo????????? You are missing data (like most Americans):The French overthrew their king back in 1789; it's called the French revolution! Have you ever heard about it? Guess not…!
I'm sure you've never been in France recently to c how French people ALWAYS protest! Against everything and for anything. They do create chaos when they protest!
Connolly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this isn't directed towards the French people. Of course, people are responsible for their government in democratic societies, but politicians behave as they do without the peoples consent and knowledge. I've known good French, Iranian, Iraqi, and British people and I have my grievences about their governing bodies.
The French people, dispite the defective, imperialisic and corrupt history of their government, have a history as brave people. Their revolution in 1789, the sacrifice in WWI, and their resistance against the fascists in WWII.
I hope we can maintain a balanced attitude towards people...even the French.
Thy songs were made for the pure and free,
They shall never sound in slavery!"
- Thomas Moore
reza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and their resistance against the fascists in WWII

proven fact - more frenchmen fought and died on the side of the nazis than they did fighting or the allies.

boy is that brave..
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Clarkie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us not assume that the French Revolution of 1789 heralded liberty. By no means! Bloody purges, equalled to this day only by Stalin, were unleashed in Paris to sate the bloodlust of the baying mobs. Following this, Napoleon Bonaparte came pretty close to conquering all of Europe. Quite some liberty there! Since then, the French have fluctuated between governments like a yo-yo. Two more Kingdoms, another Empire and more Republics than I could care to mentioned have come and gone. France remains an unstable country in which twenty percent of the populace have shown themselves ready and willing to vote Fascist, with many more Communist. Quite some liberty-lovers there!
If the overthrow of the monarchy was such a glorious event in 1789, why was it restored not once but twice? Why were two French Empires proclaimed? You tell me.
Parvaneh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reza wrote:
Quote:
and their resistance against the fascists in WWII

proven fact - more frenchmen fought and died on the side of the nazis than they did fighting or the allies.

boy is that brave..

Come on pessaram, GIVE PROOFS !! Laughing

Last edited by Parvaneh on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Parvaneh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary-C and Connolly : AFARIN !!! Wink

But on one thing : I don't approve the french revolution. But don't worry, we have always demonstrations in Paris, Marseille and strikes. But the medias don't talk about it ! Confused
reza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fact is the proof you idiot, look i up if you dont believe me. and you are not one to give lectures on proof
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hullo????????? You are missing data (like most Americans):The French overthrew their king back in 1789; it's called the French revolution! Have you ever heard about it? Guess not…!

Hullo ???? What does the events of 1789 have to do with contemporary politics which we are discussing here, Duh?

Bottom line, Americans poured out in the millions protesting against their govt.'s foreign policy in recent years, meanwhile the French did not, even though their govt. is responsible for hideous civil wars and war crimes in Africa, and sponsors the world's worst dictators like Saddam, the Mullah$ and Castro! And if the best you got is the French revolution, which was not protesting France's foreign policy but demanding more bread, as the last great act of defiance of their govt. by the French, then your case is several centuries old and very,very weak!
mary_c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bottom line, Americans poured out in the millions protesting against their govt.'s foreign policy in recent years, meanwhile the French did not!

Just because Americans don't approve of French politics, doesn't mean that French people should go out and protest. But the majority of French people happened to feel sympathy for their government (for now) and I don't se any reason why they should go out and protest?

Quote:
And if the best you got is the French revolution, which was not protesting France's foreign policy but demanding more bread, as the last great act of defiance of their govt. by the French, then your case is several centuries old and very,very weak!

"Foreign policy" was very different in Europe back then than it is now. But history is completely related to how people are today. The best example is how Iranians still hate Arabs. Most of it dates back in history.
The French Revolution might not sound very “à jour”, but it clearly demonstrate civil disobedience. This lives in the spirit of many French folks today. And believe me, there is ALWAYS protests in France. But no such things that people in America are interested in.
Last but not least. I agree with you where France made dirty deals with many countries (Iraq, Iran, etc.). But so did many other countries. But the US is different. Ask anybody around the world, and they will say how they sincerely detest Americans. Recent statistics show that the only citizens in Europe who supports American foreign policy are Polish (no wonder, the US “saved“ Poland from the red curse).

I was in Vietnam a couple of years ago, and still Americans are hated (even in South Viet Nam)! But French people are not (Some say the French started the war…). If you travel, you will find out and then you will understand.

Last edited by mary_c on Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary C,

what about the Ivory Coast ?

Quote:
I was in Vietnam a couple of years ago, and still Americans are hated

Yes, because they have abandoned them in the hands of the Communists.

Thanks to Mr. Kerry Evil or Very Mad

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

France should be ashamed of his policies in the Middle East and Africa

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mary_c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
Mary C,

what about the Ivory Coast ?

Quote:
I was in Vietnam a couple of years ago, and still Americans are hated

Yes, because they have abandoned them in the hands of the Communists.

Thanks to Mr. Kerry Evil or Very Mad

Listen, I’m not here to defend nor offence any nation. I was just explaining that French people indeed demonstrate.
However, it’s sad that Americans don’t want to recognize the fact that they ARE undeniably much more hated around the world, even if French people did “worst” things.
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're hated by the Dictators and the Europeans

Not so by the oppressed peoples.

I may make a long list of them, but it will take hours.

Sadly for you and your govt, the Iranians hate France.

And they have all the right to do so.

Now answer my question : WHY DID YOU MASSACRE INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN IVORY COAST ?

DO THEY LOVE YOU ?

IT SEEMS NO .

THEY SHOUTED ANTI-FRANCE SLOGANS AND PRO-US ONES.

THEY HAVE COMPARED CHIRAC TO BIN LADEN.

AND I THINK THAT CHIRAC AND BIN LADEN ARE VERY SIMILAR

stefania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are against your govt's policies, go prove it.

How? By protesting your govt's SUPPORT AND LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE MULLAHS.

A LOVE AFFAIR THAT LASTS SINCE MORE 25 YEARS

YOU MIGHT ASK YOUR GOVT TO STOP SUPPORTING THE MULLAHS AND JOIN THE US IN SUPPORTING THE IRANIAN PEOPLE.

YOU ALSO MAY APOLOGIZE TO THE IRANIAN PEOPLE FOR BRINGING KHOMEINI TO IRAN FROM HIS EXILE IN FRANCE .

YOU MIGHT SAY THAT YOU ARE ASHAMED OF ALL THAT.

ONCE, A FRIEND FROM IRAN SAID TO ME THAT "FRANCE AND OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ARE EVEN WORSE THAN AL QAEDA "

WITH THAT I MEAN THE GOVTS THERE, NOT THE FRENCH PEOPLE OF COURSE.

BUT AS LONG AS THE FRENCH KEEP PROTESTING THE US ' POLICIES INSTEAD OF THEIR GOVT'S ONES , THEY ARE ACCOMPLICE OF THEIR GOVT'S CRIMES.

WANNA SHOW THAT YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY THAN YOUR GOVT?

GO OUT AND PROTEST YOUR GOVT'S SUPPORT FOR MULLAHS' REPRESSION IN IRAN.

DON'T TELL ME THAT "IT DOESN'T SUPPORT THE REPRESSION IN IRAN ".

IT DOES, CAUSE IT'S GOING TO BED WITH THE MULLAHS SINCE YEARS.

mary_c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Now answer my question : WHY DID YOU MASSACRE INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN IVORY COAST ?

DO THEY LOVE YOU ?

Wow!
Easy girlfriend…
I’m not French. If you have any questions, read books or write to the French government. That might calm you down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: