[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ah, the French
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramin Etebar,MD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Ah, the French Reply with quote

Ah...... the French

"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes."
---Mark Twain

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
--- General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
---Norman Schwartzkopf

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it."
----Marge Simpson

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure"
---Jacques Chirac, President of France; and...

"As far as France is concerned, you're right."
---Rush Limbaugh

The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee."
--- Regis Philbin

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know."
--- P. J. O'Rourke (1989)

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it."
---John McCain, U. S. Senator from Arizona

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people."
--Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!"
---Jay Leno

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."
---David Letterman

How many Frenchmen does it take to change a light bulb?
One. He holds the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.

French Army tanks have five gears: four in reverse, and one forwards, in case the enemy attacks from the rear.

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France.

France announced today that it plans to ban fireworks at Euro Disney, following last night's display that caused soldiers at a nearby French army garrison to surrender.

reza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Whats the dierence between the french and toast?

You can make soldiers out of toast!
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Parvaneh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this is jealousy !!!

Amercians are considered as people without culture and the country has no history !Americans are very complexed about it ! Laughing
reza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im english friend, and no englishman is jealous of the french.
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
Spenta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big difference between the Americans and the French is:

Americans routinely protest against their government's foreign policy, warmongering, support of dictatorships, greed, etc. and the French don't. The French govt. sponsors hideous civil wars in Africa, sponsors the world's worst dictatorships, runs its foreign policy on a corrupt and deadly greed model and the list goes on, yet you will not find the French protesting their govt. the way the Americans do! The French are wimps, they know how to protest against Bush, but they don't know how to protest against their own govt's hideous crimes agasint humanity! Hypocritical wimps, who turn a blind eye to their govt. sponsorhip of dictatorships like the tyranny of the Mullah$ in Iran. I guess as long as they are fed, the French have no spine!
Parvaneh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reza & Spenta, just tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you repeat just what you have said before several messages were censored Laughing Just like tootis (parrots) Laughing Laughing

Well Reza, just to tell you that British are jealous because never they did not equalize them in culture and power. I remember they even said that they have invented Champagne !!! LOOOOOOL ! Laughing

Could you tell me how you feel when more thab 50 % of the british population is dissatisfied with the foreign policy of Tony Blair, especially the one in Irak ???

SPENTA ! Laughing Laughing How can you affirm such nonsenses about the way how France had ruled in Africa ??? Are you just aware that APARTEID in South Africa was ruled by British and Dutch gvts ??? Shocked Idea I don't say that everything was beautiful and marvellous when France was dominating in Africa, but it was never like under the dictatorship of Britain and the Netherlands ! That's for sure !

How can you affirm ! Laughing that the French don't protest against their own gvt ?? I'm LOL ! Laughing Just for you info, I have never seen a population striking so much in order to protest against the policy of their own gvt ! I have a name for Paris : the town of demonstrations ! You can see from time to time 2 to 3 different demonstrations in ONE day ! Confused Perhaps you don't know or you have forgotten the hugh demonstration under the Alain Juppé gvt ! We thougt it was May 1968 !!

Then, I agree 100 % with you when you say that the French (gvt) support the Mullahs !!! But don't forget that the British do too and the UE !! Sad + China, Japon, etc....

Don't forget that it was Jimmy Carter who said in Guadeloupe that the Shah MUST go away !!! Everybody was Everyone was confused, astonished about that, because they thought that that man was a very close friend with the SHAH !

To finish, I would like to say that the Americans are disconnected from the rest of the world and don't know how much they are hated !! Just travel to Europe, Middle and Near East .... to Asia and say that you are American and discuss politik !! Laughing
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parvaneh, in the US the govts change

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Parvaneh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
Parvaneh, in the US the govts change

In France too, but it seems that the policy remains the same for Iran, Israel and Palestine Confused Rolling Eyes
reza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well Reza, just to tell you that British are jealous because never they did not equalize them in culture and power. I remember they even said that they have invented Champagne !!! LOOOOOOL !

if you think the british are jealous then youve never been to britain, talk about a frenchman in england and people laugh at them like clowns. And read a history book idiot - the british empire was more than double the size of the french and the british have continually beaten the french into the ground or saved them from extinction in every war for almost a thousand years! The french are little girls who cannot defend themselves... You have cause to say the americans are jealous because of their lack of culture, but the english equal you there as well and no englishman i know says we invented champagne so go take your false information elsewhere.

Quote:
Reza & Spenta, just tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you repeat just what you have said before several messages were censored Just like tootis (parrots)

whats wrong with making sure my posts stay where they were? is it me or are you acting out the same defense routine again? oh no you must be a parrot just like us huh? boo hoo

and also tony blair has nothing to do with any of this, you think we're jealous because you have such a great leader? that is hilarious! And one other thing, if the french are so almighty, why are we debating in english?
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but in France the policy remains the same

In the US doesn't.

Jimmy Carter was one of the exceptions.

As Bush proves it,the US change Presidents and policies.

Carter was not the US Nation.

He was France Laughing Laughing

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Parvaneh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Carter, a marvellous exception who made a disaster with his foreign policy against Iran : look at the results ! They are still there, active and belong to him and his gvt !

Carter was France at that time, but the whole world too !!! Except Egypte and Maroco.

I have never seen the french policy remaining the same or I perhpas I'm in a prison since 25 years.

What has changed with american foreign policy ??? Nothing ! Iran is still ruled under the mollahs, and thanks to the wonderful and democratic foreign policy of the USA since so many years which provokes hatred between christians and muslims, or between the Middle East and Occident, we will have a nice religious war....

Thank you very much USA ! Confused

stefania wrote:
Yes, but in France the policy remains the same

In the US doesn't.

Jimmy Carter was one of the exceptions.

As Bush proves it,the US change Presidents and policies.

Carter was not the US Nation.

He was France Laughing Laughing
Parvaneh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sorry for you, but I have lived 5 years in UK .... so ..... Laughing

Don't worry, French people laugh at British people too. Well, that's not intelligent, but that's the way it goes.

I'm LOL when I read your commentary on history ! Laughing Well, it seems that we don't read and learn the same things.... I remember having learned that the French had kicked out the British about 400 years ago after a war which lasted for 100 years : do you remember having learned that ? They were so fine on their island and they had to come to France ... pff !!! OH ! of course, in UK, there's always rain, fog, etc ... I can understand that Laughing

Ah ! Even Iranians in Iran don't like them at all ! Did you know that at least twice demonstrators had thrown stones against the british embassy because of their policy towards Iran since about 150 years ? The british gvt was 100 % involved in the iranian revolution !

Do you know the persian saying : "Lift up a mullah's beard and you will read MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN" ! Laughing

French girls cannot defend themselves ??? ok, it's the same for British girls. But that's ugly to say ! Poor girls !! and poor girls in general !

Regarding our "great" french leader : well, at least I agree with you. I don't like Chirac, neither Mitterrand and their discusting mentality. But I RECOGNIZE it ! But at least the french can go around the world except USA, UK and they will be always well welcomed ! Not like Americans.

reza wrote:

if you think the british are jealous then youve never been to britain, talk about a frenchman in england and people laugh at them like clowns. And read a history book idiot - the british empire was more than double the size of the french and the british have continually beaten the french into the ground or saved them from extinction in every war for almost a thousand years! The french are little girls who cannot defend themselves... You have cause to say the americans are jealous because of their lack of culture, but the english equal you there as well and no englishman i know says we invented champagne so go take your false information elsewhere.

whats wrong with making sure my posts stay where they were? is it me or are you acting out the same defense routine again? oh no you must be a parrot just like us huh? boo hoo

and also tony blair has nothing to do with any of this, you think we're jealous because you have such a great leader? that is hilarious! And one other thing, if the french are so almighty, why are we debating in english?
reza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
French girls cannot defend themselves ??? ok, it's the same for British girls. But that's ugly to say ! Poor girls !! and poor girls in general !

learn to read i said the french in general were as strong as little girls

Quote:
Well, sorry for you, but I have lived 5 years in UK .... so .....

well you obviously didnt get out much if you think the british are jealous of te weakest men in history EVER.

and for godsake the hundred years war was victory after victory for the british untill the french finally got it together and pulled an offensive that won nothing new for the french just a relocation for the british army.

"More than 100 years of intermittent warfare had taken place on French soil. Any advantages that France gained were countered by the fearful losses inflicted on its land and people, the check to population, and the brutalization that accompanied the long-continued conflict. "

if this is the only war that you can be proud of in the last THOUSAND YEARS then maybe you should think about avoiding the subject of strength in the context of France...

Quote:
in UK, there's always rain, fog, etc ... I can understand that

and in france the dirtiest people and places i have ever seen and the most obsequeous people the world over. Im so wish i could live in france it sure sounds swell. and get a better insult than the weather what are you 12?

Quote:
Ah ! Even Iranians in Iran don't like them at all ! Did you know that at least twice demonstrators had thrown stones against the british embassy because of their policy towards Iran since about 150 years ? The british gvt was 100 % involved in the iranian revolution !

wow thanks for the enlightenment you genius i thought iranians loved the british, persian was sooo nice to me and so was blank thats national hospitality for the most beloved of nations by iranians Rolling Eyes , jeez if you want to state the obvious then teach some kindergarten.
eski

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to courage......Frenchmen are at the bottom of the barrel.
When it comes to cowardice...Frenchmen are the creme of the crop.
How anyone can defend France is just sick! When I think of France I think of everything that is wrong with Europe. And if France has a culture that is to be envied.....Leave me out of it. Theirs is a culture that is like cancer and I can do without.
sudi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, fondness for your adopted home, be it USA, England, France, etc, is natural and good. But let's not lose sight of the real goal here. The majority of us in this forum are Iranians. With all due respect, this bickering over French vs American vs British is childish. It's one thing to present historical facts (I for one would love to read that), but bashing one another, as you have been, only serves to warm the hearts of those who benefit from our division, aka mullahs.

... and that's my 2 cents
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: