[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colin Powell Resigns as Secretary of State!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Colin Powell Resigns as Secretary of State! Reply with quote

Colin Powell Resigns as Secretary of State

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138572,00.html

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Colin Powell announced his resignation to his staff during their Monday morning meeting, a State Department source told FOX News.

President Bush is expected to make the official announcement. The source suggested that Powell is likely to stay in place until a replacement is confirmed.

Several people have been named as a replacement, including Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage and National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice. FOX News contributor and former ambassador Mark Ginsberg said Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz may also want the job, but could face trouble getting confirmed because of the troubles in Iraq that he takes the blame for. Sen. Richard Lugar, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, is also a darkhorse for the job, Ginsberg said.

The news comes as Reuters reports that Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham is also leaving his department, and will stay in place until his replacement is decided.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
asher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see Condi get it. She's a familiar face, she's intelligent and poised, and she's one candidate whose record is above reproach.

And she'd make a great candidate for the Oval Office in 2008.
Scooter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asher wrote:
I'd love to see Condi get it. She's a familiar face, she's intelligent and poised, and she's one candidate whose record is above reproach.

And she'd make a great candidate for the Oval Office in 2008.

Agreed. I'm surprised by this slew of resignations this quickly.
asher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little surprised too, but I did expect some shuffling. I don't think Colin Powell was a bad man, but I do think he was too weak, and he wasn't playing on the Chief's team. I wish him well, but he did need to go.

I'm looking forward to Bush's second-term cabinet being more tilted toward strong human-rights people - those evil "neocons" the media are always warning us about! And in particular someone who's strong on Iran and doesn't fantasize that it is a "democracy".
Pasagarde

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is scary is that Powell had said in an interview last week that "we have no plans to attack Iran". The fact that he gets removed just after making that statement likely means there will be a plan to attack Iran.

Koroush Kabir
ViaHHakimi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Colin Powell has submitted his resignation Reply with quote

Subject: CNN Breaking News

-- U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell has submitted his resignation, a senior administration official tells CNN.

تبریک ، تبریک بهمه ایرانیان .

Congradulations to all the Iranians.
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asher

Dear,

I disagree with Condi for President.

Althought she would work well as Secy of State ( i did fear that Powell might be replaced by Armitage ! ) , she is not a neocons and i don't like her appeasement, for exemple, of the Chinese dictatorship.

See, i don't know much about the Giuliani's foreign policy vision, but i would like to see him run for President in 2008.

Not because of his Italian descent ( Smile ) , but because he is a follower of the Bush Doctrine .

Condi is also, but as i said above, i don't like her appeasement of the Chinese dictatorship (as well as the President's "one-China" policy ).

But now let's hope that a new more "neocons" Cabinet would help free other peoples.

P.S. who might be the National Security Adviser ?

What a good thing would be a "neocon" like Paul Wolfowitz as President's main adviser on the national security issues !!!

Smile

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
asher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefania, thanks for your observations. I'd like to know more about ... er, I was going to say Rice and China, but you get the idea ... Rolling Eyes

anyway, we've got four years to think about it ...
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asher wrote:
Stefania, thanks for your observations. I'd like to know more about ... er, I was going to say Rice and China, but you get the idea ... Rolling Eyes

anyway, we've got four years to think about it ...

Yeah... Wink

cyrus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: The Next Secretary of State Should Support Regime Change Reply with quote

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO WIN THE WAR ON TERROR - THE WAR IS UNWINNABLE AS LONG AS THE MULLAHS ARE IN POWER - SUPPORT THE IRANIAN PEOPLE AND REAP THE REWARDS OF A FREE IRAN WITH 70 MILLION IRANIANS WHO WILL FIGHT ALONGSIDE THE FORCES OF FREEDOM AND AGAINST THE ISLAMIST FANATICS!!

PETITION: TRUE SECURITY BEGINS WITH REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN

Sign this Petition Online
View Current Signatures Online

We wish the next Secretary of State support the following regarding Islamist Regime in Iran:

1. Next Secretary of State must support clear and open policy calling for regime change in Iran.
2. Next Secretary of State must abandon its policy of “Afghanistan yesterday, Iraq today, Iran maybe tomorrow”, and confront the threat from the IRI regime immediately.
3. The next Secretary of State should stand strong against the IRI's primary hidden supporters (Britain) and secondary supporters (France, Germany, EU, Japan, Canada, Russia, and China) to stop giving economic assistance, intelligence assistance, or other assistance to the regime. The EU, in particular, should not use resources stolen from the Iranian people to finance its own failed welfare state.
4. The next Secretary of State should support the Bush Doctrine advocates America's active role in supporting freedom, democracy, and human rights throughout the world.
5. The next Secretary of State should listen to Dr. Assad Homayoun and Dr. Leeden advise.
Scooter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pasagarde wrote:
What is scary is that Powell had said in an interview last week that "we have no plans to attack Iran". The fact that he gets removed just after making that statement likely means there will be a plan to attack Iran.

What a load of junk. Powell has been rumored to leave the administration at any minute from day one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Noteworthy Discussion Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: