[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Fahrenheit 9/11'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sourena

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're pretty much in agreement then.
Persian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zadig wrote:
Ok,

On the other side, concerning what you have said concerning Arabs and Jews, I feel that you are very interested by this conflict also, very good, me tooooo! lol

But, what I don't understand is why do you defend so much the Jews, to sum it up, why do you consider them as victims....
Palestinian children are dying every day, are suiciding themselves because of this stupid religious conflict.

first of all, please tell me what 'zandig' mean? ty.
secondly, I'm personally so sick of all those who keep nagging about being victimized while they keep pushing for war at the same time!
(just read the above post once again and you'll see how these poor "victims" are also cheering for WAR!

attention all palestinians and Israelies who fule the war: DO NOT DARE TO NAG AT THE WORLD AND COMPLAIN! LEARN TO LIVE WITH WAR AND BOMBS AND CHILDRENS BURNT CORPS! OR GET OVER YOUR WARS AND LEARN THAT ANY COEXISTANCE NEEDS COMPRIMISE!

anyhow. we have our own problems now. take your Arab Israeli problems somewhere else. frankly the whole of humanity is sick and tired of both sides! get over it. ok?
American Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena,

I've been talking to the fundamentalists quite a bit. I'm interested in how you view things. You mentioned the Shah as a devout Muslim. He was clearly a modern person and rejected the fanatacism.

What do you think of the Sufis? I don't know much about them but understand they are a large percentage of Muslims. We just don't hear much about them. Have you studied their viewpoint?

Did the Shah get much into religion or did he consider it a private thing which he didn't discuss much with other people? Did he ever explain his view of Islam? I'm interested since that is clearly a view which is not heard often.
Sourena

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sufis are an ancient mystic sect of Iranians that surfaced during the safavid dynasty. I haven't read much into them, but I know that their influence is still felt in Iran. For example, the Setar (not to be confused with the Indian Sitar) was created and developed by the sufi, because of its quiet sound. For you see, the Arab overloards forbid music, so as you can imagine, they were opposed to the Arabs, but they were still muslims. I don't know about their current role and position.

The Shah was quite public with his religion. He led the Namaz-Jom-eh (Friday Prayer, it is a special kind of Namaz (prayer) performed on Sunday, with an important person leading the prayer) several times.

The Shah was not anti-Islam, he was very pro-Iran. For example, if you look at the Pahlavi coat of arms, it has an Ahura-Mazda in it, representing Iran's Zoroastian past. But it also has the two headed sword of Imam-Ali on it, representing Iran's dedication to the Shi'ite sect of Islam.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena,

Thank-you for the information. I do know the shah wanted to modernize and improve Iran. Unfortuanely the Mullahs have done neither. I wish you the best.

One question which comes to mind partricularly when I'm talking to the fanatics is that some of the suicide bombers come from moderate families. How can a Muslim society protect itself from people who take the Koran very seriously and very literally and do bad things as a result?
redemption

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: two good points! Reply with quote

Good questions:

I don't necessarily think the suicide bombing is a direct cause and effect result of taking a religion too seriously, however I do believe it is a direct result of being influenced by a fanatical ideology and propoganda that uses religion. We have seen this occur in many religions - and today that religion is Islam that is being twisted and turned for the benefits of namely the Islamnic Regime in Iran and their cohorts.

The Mullahs are not true Mulsims - They are crooked business men and bunch of mafia killers!

I think once you get rid of the dollars and develish crooks like the Mullahs it will majorly undercut the sponsorship of this fanatical ideology - more peace will rise, conflicts will minimize - economy will strengthen - more people will have jobs - less will be swayed by the islamofascists or any type of fascism for that matter.
Fardad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Persian,

I think that now you can understand that my position is different of yours even though we are both Iranians...

For me, we should see the world, especially the middle east as a whole not as entities disconnected from eachother. Maybe, Iranīs situation will not change until the Israelo-Palestinian "share of territories" conflict is not solved.

;

PS: Just tell to your friend Eski that Iranians are not schisophrenic, maybe autist, but certainly not schizophrenic.

Hasta Luego.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redemption,

It appears that trying to find a true Muslim is like trying to find the holy grail. How do we know who is a true Muslm? We have moderate people claiming to be the true Muslims and we have fanatics also claiming to be the true Muslims. How does the society make that differentiation? There are hugh numbers backing each side, with many probably somewhere in between.

I'm not trying to be obtuse here. I'm really puzzled over this one. The fundamentalists quote the Koran and the hadiths and seem to be very sincere. The moderates seem to be just as sincere.
Fardad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and if not autists, idealists , dreamers...

"...living on a lonely island of illusion in the midst of a vast ocean of desillusion"
Sourena

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redemption,
you are absolutely correct about the suicide bombers, couldn't have said it better myself.

American Visitor,
There is no set definition of a true muslim, but there are requirements.

1. You believe in ONE god, you can call God whatever you want, Allah, Jehova, Ahura Mazda, whatever, as long as you believe there is ONLY ONE GOD. Even if you want to show respect by using the plural form of "you", (ex. vous, shoma), still not allowed.

2. You do not give god human charactersitics, that is blasphemy. Even referring to god as "he" is not allowed, hence there not being different words for he and she.

3. Don't waste any of god's gifts. For example, Most North American kids now days throw away the crust on their pizza. That is wrong. My own brother does it, and I always tell him not to.

4. Here is the split. I don't believe there is a 4, but fundementalist will carry it until 10 or even 100. Like, wearing the hijab, praying, fasting on ramadan, going to Mecca, reading the Qoran, etc. To me, these are all options, personal choices that you can choose to perform, and many people do, from choice. I do fast, I do pray (occasionally), and I plan on going to Mecca, but only because I want to.Also, Praying doesn't have to be the complete Namaz routine. You can be lying in bed and talk to god, and it still counts.

As long as you do the first three, you are a true muslim. But the most emphasis is placed on those first two. You can even be christian and fulfill the requirements.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena,

If I understand correctly you define Islam as those who have the proper understanding of the physical characteristics of God. From my limited knowledge, I would agree that is probably a unifying feature of Islam, although I'm not sure how the sufis view things.

My question is why it even matters what God's physical characteristics are? If one person believes God has fingers and toes and another does not, what difference does it make?
Sourena

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's just one of the beliefs. That god is higher than human beings, that god is so divine, he should not be compared to normal human beings.

Also, while we are in this post, i finally saw Farenheit 9/11 today, and if anyone can watch that movie, and honestly support bush after, there is something wrong with them.
American Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourena,

I haven't seen 9-11 so anything I say would be hearsay.

Christians, Jews and Muslims all agree God is transcendent. How do we know if God has fingers and toes or not since we haven't seen Him?
ARYAI_NYC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry sourena, it's a force of habbit i have caps on all day at work! anyway i will try to remember, oh and you go girl!

Sourena wrote:
Okay, so you wanted a defendor of Islam and here I am. I am a proud muslim and I will say this, Islam is all about your own interpretation, Just because me and the mullahs in Qom both pray to Allah, it doesn't mean we have the same beliefs. Islam is not like catholicism (I mean no prejudice by this), you do not have to follow the words exactly, that is fundementalism, you interpret what is written your own way.

For example, Islam says not to eat dogs and pigs. Here is the way I see this rule. The Qoran was written 14 centuries ago. Pigs and dogs were the two dirtiest creatures roaming the countryside, so the reason I believe this rule was put into place was to protect people from disease. So in present day where pigs' filthiness is no longer a problem, I eat as much pork as I want.

Also, if what President Bush has given Iraq can be called "Freedom", I say, let him keep it. Don't spread it to Iran. And you don't actually think he believes "Islam is a religion of Peace", do you? Common, it's not faulty intelligence, it's a little something i call brownnosing. Remember there are many Muslims who are american citizens, and in this election, every vote counts.

PS. ARYAI_NYC, Dude, take off the CapsLock.

redemption

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to bash on Michael - but he really did get a whooping at the RNC!!!! it was quite funny too Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: