[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Achaemenid, World’s First Empire to Respect Cultural Diversi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Save 7000 Years Heritage & Save the Archeological Sites of Pasargad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vishtasp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Cyrus the Great,

I'm fairly new to this board, I just completed my undergraduate studies and wrote my senior thesis on Cyrus in college. This piece of work is my pride and joy. If you'd like the details let me know! Smile
reza

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to read it, thanks for the contribution! could we have a link?
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
vishtasp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly. Smile

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/pouruchista/cyrus.htm
reza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravo! that was an excellent essay, i completely agree with you about how cyrus is brushed aside in history by such politicians as julius caesar. Cyrus deserves a far more honoured place in history. I can think of no better ruler than cyrus - he was a skilled tactician in war, performing the first unplanned military manouvere in battle, and also an exceptional statesman and above all a leader who so inspired his people that they referred to him as "father".

I am sure though that it was darius who invented the postal system, Is'nt that so or have i been mis - informed?

[/quote]
"When on the battlefield if you have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, you will manifest martial valour. Furthermore if you are slain in battle you should be resolved to having your corpse facing the enemy" - Yamamoto tsunetomo
vishtasp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you liked it! Smile
ARYAI_NYC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reza wrote:
just because i have an opinion on something does not make me a spy or a leftist. This is the most oppresive forum i have ever seen, if a person merely inflects that iran is not the perfect civilisation he or she is chastised and banned. How democratic are we over here?

you can call me a spy but it marks you out as a immature conspiracy theorist who likes to believe that spies are coming to get you all the time and we must defeat their evil presence! give it up you james bond wannabes.

you wanna know why i sometimes disagree with persian culture? its because persian culture is not perfect, no culture is! and by idealising persia's past you make saints out of ordinary men. cyrus was a practical master of politics. read xenophon's education of cyrus or perhaps herodotus's histories. - respecting cultural diversity is a neccesary tool to hold an empire together, it would not have survived long otherwise.

if you ban me you prove that you are as barbaric and totalitarin as stalin..

REZA, DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE PUT YOU DOWN. THEY HAVE SOME ISSUES, JUST INVITE THEM OVER FOR SOME CHAI, AND LET THEM TELL YOU STORIES OF THEIR VERSION OF HISTORY. (IT MAKES THEM FEEL REALLY IMPORTANT)
reza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, too right buddy!
stefania

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might it be that this Israeli Judge shot to death by a palestinian "militant" ( as Reuters call them ) was of Iranian descent ? The last name sounds a bit Iranian:

Adi Azar

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
reza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try posting something relevant stef Laughing
stefania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reza wrote:
try posting something relevant stef Laughing

what's wrong with my post ' Rolling Eyes

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
trainspotter9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

total CIA hangout.

With all this tolerance bullsht, let's not forget that the Aryan Persians believed themselves to be absolutely superior to all other races;

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/herodotus-persians.html

Of nations, they honor most their nearest neighbors, whom they esteem next to themselves; those who live beyond these they honor in the second degree; and so with the remainder, the further they are removed, the less the esteem in which they hold them. The reason is that they look upon themselves as very greatly superior in all respects to the rest of mankind, regarding others as approaching to excellence in proportion as they dwell nearer to them; whence it comes to pass that those who are the farthest off must be the most degraded of mankind. Under the dominion of the Medes, the several nations of the empire exercised authority over each other in this order. The Medes were lords over all, and governed the nations upon their borders, who in their turn governed the States beyond, who likewise bore rule over the nations which adjoined on them. And this is the order which the Persians also follow in their distribution of honor; for that people, like the Medes, has a progressive scale of administration and government.

With pride comes power. Just look at the Jews.
reza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes let us look at the jews, of all the nations of the world none has suffered more and been pushed around by other nations more than the jews. All because they believed they were better than others their arrogance caused friction and so everyone kicked the **** out of the jews for being arogant.
Liberator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Heil Hitler! Reply with quote

reza wrote:
yes let us look at the jews, of all the nations of the world none has suffered more and been pushed around by other nations more than the jews. All because they believed they were better than others their arrogance caused friction and so everyone kicked the **** out of the jews for being arogant.

I'd much rather have you keep your nazi views to yourself, you have nothing worthful to contribute to this board except creating fiction.

Don't forget to salute your Fuhrer on your way out, you jew-hating ****!

P.S. This board is an activistboard, a place to share ideas on how to remove the Islamic Republic occupying Iran and how to bring freedom and democracy to Iran, if the best label the Islamic Republic can give us is "CIA-sponsored board" then let them call us that!

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
Liberator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes "everyone kicked the **** " out of these arrogant Jews:

You probably frame these horrific pictures you SICK freak!
Khaak to saret! and anyone that has your mindset!

www.anjomane-padeshahi.org
http://aryamehr11.blogspot.com/
reza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

learn to walk before you try to run and fly, ignorant conspiracy theorist your idiotic claims make me laugh! i merely presented the facts i have no problems with jews at all! in fact my best friend is half jewish! how stupid can you get, in my post did i once incite hatred of the jews? no, all i did was present the fact that throughout time people such as the egyptians, assyrians, babylonians, russians and most obviously the nazis have persecuted the jews. then a logical step can be taken to assume it was because the jews belive they are chosen and everyone else id doomed. Liberator you should first learn something before you try to give a seminar on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> Save 7000 Years Heritage & Save the Archeological Sites of Pasargad All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: