[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry: "Strength relations with Iran's regime"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aryabakhtiar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: John Kerry: "Strength relations with Iran's regime" Reply with quote

-Meanwhile 72% of Iranians in a recent poll said they'd vote for him, shows you the level of ignorance if not stupidity regarding US politics within the Iranian community.

Senator John Kerry attacked President Bush yesterday for an “arrogant, inept, reckless” foreign policy and laid out a detailed plan for prosecuting the war on terrorism far differently while “building bridges to the Islamic world.” Mr. Kerry, a Democrat from Massachusetts and a presidential candidate, called for a harder line toward Saudi Arabia and a softer approach to Iran…Setting out his own approach to the Middle East, Mr. Kerry said yesterday he would find common ground with Iran by fighting the flow of drugs from Afghanistan and by exchanging anti-Iranian terrorists operating out of Iraq for members of Al Qaeda and the Taliban now in Iran.
Azadeh_55

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-Meanwhile 72% of Iranians in a recent poll said they'd vote for him, shows you the level of ignorance if not stupidity regarding US politics within the Iranian community.

Which poll was this? Everyone that I know who lives in America will vote for Bush.
stefania

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mashreg.com, which belongs to Iranian.com, owned by NIAC.. That same website that showed how a majority of Iranians is against the French law on the banning of the Hijab in the public schools, that Reza Pahlavi is worst then the mullahs and that Shirin Ebadi is the Iranian of the Year.

Sorry, but while i don't know what do really the people thinks about the last 2, the first answer is obviously a fabrication by Iranian.com

Yes, Azadeh you might be right.

The photos from Los Angeles has showed that many Iranians (not all of course ) wouldn't vote for a mullahs' appeaser.

Having said this, i am still shocked by the insults of Iranian.com to 18 TIR.

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the quote about Kerry's proposed new 'soft line ' on Iran, on 3 different discussion boards so far and in all instances it has been a paraphrased statement by a member with no references to any actual articles or official statements from Kerry. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I would like to see an official statement to this effect from a source other than comments by a poster on a discussion board claiming it as such. If its true, then I condemn it and recommend immediate action on the part of all freedom and democracy loving Iranians in the US in the form emails, letters, faxes you name it opposing this proposed approach. I myself volunteer to write such letters and petitions, but I have to see the facts first.

As for other claims re: comments on this topic, Mashregh is not owned by Iranian.com. As many of you already know, I don't care much forIranian.com, Mashregh, or the NIAC. However, to the best of my understanding, Mashregh is a separtely run operation that has simply teamed up with Iranian.com to offer polls and a Discussion Board. Mashregh's polls are usually skewed (a porportionately higher percentage seems to usually favor pro IRI issues), and the Forum he runs has deleted many topics about Reza Pahalvi that people I know would start on the board. He also removes any topic critical of Islam from the board. Many people I know have objected to his censorship and left the board, and as a result the board is hardly read or visited by anyone. Also, NIAC does not own Iranian.com. they submit material to Iranian.com alongside everyone else. But they seem to like Iranian.com as a web site more than any other site for the posting of articles, notices and also postings from their members on their DB. You could say that Iranian.com is like their favorite hangout. So in conclusion, you might say that Iranian.com seems to act as a magnet or hangout for certain groups such as Mashregh (anti RP, Pro Islam, and Pro Palestinian) and the NIAC (Pro trade and full relations with the Mullahcracy in Iran).

However, I do have to point out (as I have before) that I know many Iranian Americans who are democrats who don't want to see the US turned into a Corporate Christian Theorcracy under Bush and the Republicans. This is a fact as well, whether anyone likes it or not. These Iranian Americans are socially and politically liberal, young and educated and many of them totally support regime change and freedom in Iran, they do not support the NIAC or lobbying for trade with the murderous and illegitimate Mullahcracy in Iran, some support RP, and some are monarchists but they don't like Bush or the Republicans. This community is important and should be tapped. Ultimately, regardless of who wins in November, the Iranian American community that is interested in freedom and democracy in Iran should work both sides.

It is foolish to put all your eggs in one basket, and it is equally foolish to attack, alienate, or drive away important potential allies in the fight against the Mullah$ from the ranks of democratic Iranian Americans. If Kerry wins, the Iranian American community will have to work hard to make sure that Kerry does not give the Mullah$ any slack, and that he fully supports and backs the freedom movement in Iran. At this point I strongly urge the Iranian American community to start lobbying Kerry and the democrats on behalf of the Iran Freedom movement very aggressively. Anything other than that is not about helping the cause of freedom in Iran, but promoting your own political agendas, which may not necessarily be a priority for the Iranian Freedom Movement.
aryabakhtiar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Kerry will "repair damage, relations" Reply with quote

The Islamic Republic's very own "Tehran Times", upon receiving a letter from Kerry.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/archives/Description.asp?Da=2/8/2004&Cat=2&Num=026

WASHINGTON (Mehr News Agency) -- The office of Senator John Kerry, the frontrunner in the Democratic presidential primary in the U.S., sent the Mehr News Agency an e-email saying that Kerry will try to repair the damage done by the incumbent president if he wins the election. The text of the e-mail follows.

As Americans who have lived and worked extensively overseas, we have personally witnessed the high regard with which people around the world have historically viewed the United States. Sadly, we are also painfully aware of how the actions and the attitudes demonstrated by the U.S. government over the past three years have threatened the goodwill earned by presidents of both parties over many decades and put many of our international relationships at risk.

It is in the urgent interests of the people of the United States to restore our country's credibility in the eyes of the world. America needs the kind of leadership that will repair alliances with countries on every continent that have been so damaged in the past few years, as well as build new friendships and overcome tensions with others.

We are convinced that John Kerry is the candidate best qualified to meet this challenge. Senator Kerry has the diplomatic skill and temperament as well as a lifetime of accomplishments in field of international affairs. He believes that collaboration with other countries is crucial to efforts to win the war on terror and make America safer.

An understanding of global affairs is essential in these times, and central to this campaign Kerry has the experience and the understanding necessary to successfully restore the United States to its position of respect within the community of nations. He has the judgment and vision necessary to assure that the United States fulfills a leadership role in meeting the challenges we face throughout the world.

The current Administration's policies of unilateralism and rejection of important international initiatives, from the Kyoto Accords to the Biological Weapons Convention, have alienated much of the world and squandered remarkable reserves of support after 9/11. This climate of hostility affects us all, but most especially impacts those who reside overseas. Disappointment with current U.S. leadership is widespread, extending not just to the corridors of power and politics, but to the man and woman on the street as well.

We believe John Kerry is the Democrat who can go toe-to-toe against the current Administration on national security and defense issues. We also remain convinced that John Kerry has the best chance of beating the incumbent in November, and putting America on a new course that will lead to a safer, more secure, and more stable world.
ARYAI_NYC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: John Kerry: "Strength relations with Iran's regime& Reply with quote

aryabakhtiar wrote:

Senator John Kerry attacked President Bush yesterday for an “arrogant, inept, reckless” foreign policy and laid out a detailed plan for prosecuting the war on terrorism far differently while “building bridges to the Islamic world.” Mr. Kerry, a Democrat from Massachusetts and a presidential candidate, called for a harder line toward Saudi Arabia and a softer approach to Iran…Setting out his own approach to the Middle East, Mr. Kerry said yesterday he would find common ground with Iran by fighting the flow of drugs from Afghanistan and by exchanging anti-Iranian terrorists operating out of Iraq for members of Al Qaeda and the Taliban now in Iran.

I HOPE THE 72% TURNS TO 100%
**** BUSH
shiraz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARYAI_NYC,
You HateMonger Liberal/Radical/Terrorist Lover/Mullah Lover
Get out of this site.
YOU SAY: **** TO BUSH.
WE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS IF IRAN SAY :**** KERRY !
READ OUR LIPS LOUD AND CLEAR YOU IGNORANT: WE FIGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM AND WE SUPPORT PRESIDENT BUSH.
VIVA BUSH...
VIVA BUSH....
SHAME ON KERRY AND HIS MASS IGNORANT HYPOCRITE RADICAL LIBERALS!
Spenta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shiraz ... Chillout!
There are Iranian Americans who don't want to see the US tuned into a Corporate Owned Christian Fundementalist Theocracy.

Neither you nor anyone else is in a position to ask anyone to leave here because of their political beliefs!

Frankly, the Iranian American vote isn't going to make much difference in the fall elections. Most Iranian Americans are in California and that is not a contested state. Where it counts, like in Ohio or Florida, you just don't have that many Iranian Americans. I'm not suggesting that Iranian Americans shouldn't vote. but beating up on Iranian Americans and being abusive towards them because of their beliefs is really unnecessary and its not going to help you achieve your objectives!

Also, there isn't a single democratic Iranian American that I personally know, who supports the Mullah$. They hate the Mullah$ the same as everyone else, they just don't want to see their second home and country turned into another corrupt theocracy as well!

Regards
Spenta
And you betta that I am a liberal and a Feminist to boot, and if you got a problem with that, you gotta stand in line buddy, the Mullah$ do too!
stefania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do Kerry and the Democrats support a Theocracy like Iran and Bush not?

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has publicly stated that he considers Iran as a major threat to US and World security. Now that doesn't sound like support for a theocracy to me.

Bush on the other hand supports a Christian Theocracy in the US. The only candidate that supports theocracy here is Bush!

Jefferson would flip if he was around today and knew about Bush's many initiaves at turning the US into a Christian Fundementalist theocracy!
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has sent letters to the Mullahs saying that he will repair the damage and engage the Mullahs.

Don't forget that :

Zbigniew Brzezinski, Jimmy Carter’s national security adviser and an apparent candidate for a post in the Kerry administration

and don't forget what the Democrats are going to talk about tomorrow, in DC

The Democrats support the Theocracy in Iran.

Like Carter did in 1979 and still does.

Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very little respect for people who repeatedly spread lies and misinformation in order to promote their cause. When people rely on lies, its because they do not believe in the merit of their arguments. Stefania, you must not believe in your cause, or its inherent merit, because you repeatedly rely on lies to promtoe your cause!

I have repeatedly gone over the facts with you, but your persistance to rely on lies Stefania only weakens your case IMO!

The email in question was not an official email from John Kerry, but rather a mystery email sent from an email account at the John Kerry Campaign headquarters. Most interns and volunteers have email accounts at the Kerry Campaign Headquarters. Its not too difficult to send out an email from the Kerry campaign headquarters, its like saying somebody who sends out an email from an organistion's email account, is representing an organisation's official position. There are hundreds and thousands of email accounts in these organisations, but that doesn't mean every email from an organisation account is an official email from the head of that organisation! The Kerry Campaign Headquarters has publicly denied that the email was an official statement from Kerry, and they have also publicly stated that they are investigating who sent the email, and how it got out. These are called facts!

John Kerry uses email all the time, unlike Bush, he's very email savvy and email oriented. People regularly receive emails from Kerry. When an email is officially from Kerry , it is from his email account, not a mystery email account!

Your persistance at lying about this fake email being an official email from Kerry, frankly only reveals how in the absence of facts you rely on lies, slander, and smear campaigns to promote your cause.

I don't have a problem with anyone using facts to state their disagreements with Kerry. I also don't have a problem with anyone using facts to criticise Kerry. I do however have a problem with people spreading lies in order to do so. Any cause promoted through lies and disinformation is not a cuase worth anything. And anyone who believes their case is so weak that they must rely on lies, is frankly already acknowledging their arguments are without merit! Stefania, you must not really believe in your own attacks on Kerry, given how you repeatedly rely on lies like this to discredit him!

Last edited by Spenta on Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
stefania

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't spread lies.

It's you that don't recognize the facts.

Didn't you read the reports about tomorrow's infamous meeting in DC just on this site ??

Didn't you read the article by the liberal blogger who defended the meeting and called those who want regime change, "anti-iran neocons"?

Didn't you read what Kerry's campaign manager has said Kerry would do if he is elected ?

It's Reuters who reported it, not me.

It's Kerry's campaign manager who said that, not me.

Instead of accusing me of spreading lies (i base my assertions on what i read here and in other boards.),raise your voice against these moves by some in the Democratic Party.

You see the evil only on one side.

You are free to vote for Kerry as i am to criticize him and his friends, from NIAC to Carter, Brzezinski,the Council for Foreign Relations etc.

Yes, Kerry supports Theocracy in Iran.

I say this once again,because i have a right to say what i think as you have a right to say what you think

Last edited by stefania on Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Zbigniew Brzezinski, Jimmy Carter’s national security adviser and an apparent candidate for a post in the Kerry administration

By the way, what the H.e.l.l. did Reagon and Bush Senior do for 12 years after Carter, aside from trading and legitimising the Mullah$ and allowing them to takeover most of the ME? Gimme a break!

Carter was wrong! But so was also Reagan and Bush senior who also continued to support the Mullah$ in Iran for the next 12 years! In fact those guys really helped the Islamists establish themselves and their hold on power everywhere from Lebanon, to Iran to Afghansitan!
Spenta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't spread lies.

It's you that don't recognize the facts.

On the contrary you do.

Quote:
Kerry has sent letters to the Mullahs saying that he will repair the damage and engage the Mullahs. -Stefania

This statement is a lie, that you insist on repeating!

I rest my case!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> General Discussion & Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: