[FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great
Views expressed here are not necessarily the views & opinions of ActivistChat.com. Comments are unmoderated. Abusive remarks may be deleted. ActivistChat.com retains the rights to all content/IP info in in this forum and may re-post content elsewhere.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URGENT ACTION - PLEASE DISTRIBUTE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AzadiForever

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: URGENT ACTION - PLEASE DISTRIBUTE Reply with quote

URGENT ACTION - PLEASE DISTRIBUTE

To sign this letter please click on the following link:

http://takeaction.amnestyusa.org/action/index.asp?step=2&item=10335

I am writing to express my deepest concern for Afsaneh Nouroozi, a woman who is now at imminent risk of execution after the death sentence against her was upheld by the Supreme Court. Afsaneh Nouroozi was arrested in 1997 after she killed the Head of Police Intelligence in Kish, Southern Iran. She allegedly acted in self-defense in order to protect herself from being raped.

At Afsaneh Nouroozis trial, her defense lawyer cited Article 61 of the Islamic Criminal Law which states: "If while defending one's life, honor, chastity, property or freedom against any immediate or imminent aggression, one makes an action which is an offence, provided that all of the following conditions are met, one will not be prosecuted and punished: (a) The defense is proportionate to danger or aggression; (b) the action is not excessive; (c) calling the governmental forces is not possible immediately, or calling them is not effective in repelling the aggression or danger." Afsaneh Nouroozi was nevertheless sentenced to death for the crime.

Afsaneh Nouroozi is being held in Bandar Abbas prison in southern Iran, which is notorious for its poor conditions. In August 2003, her husband, Mostafa Jihangiri, complained to Article 90, a parliamentary commission where citizens complaints and grievances are examined, about the conditions in which she is detained.

I not only believe that Afsaneh Nouroozi was wrongly sentenced to death for acting in self defense, but I oppose the use of the death penalty in all situations as the ultimate cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment. The death penalty violates the commitment of Iranian authorities to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which states, Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person (Article 3). I urgently request that you commute Afsaneh Nouroozis death sentence immediately. I eagerly await your response.

To sign this letter please click on the following link:

http://takeaction.amnestyusa.org/action/index.asp?step=2&item=10335
stefania

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed this letter... Let us hope that the good wins on the evil!
After all,another great victory was that for Amina and Safyia!
Afshin,i am with you !!

Kian,let me say something i would never use : DEATH TO THE TERRORIST MULLAHS and ALL THOSE that SUPPORT them, PLO,etc.. !!

"I'm ready to die for you to be able to say your own opinions, even if i strongly disagree with you" (Voltaire)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
salinescape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

stefania wrote:
I signed this letter... Let us hope that the good wins on the evil!
After all,another great victory was that for Amina and Safyia!
Afshin,i am with you !!

Kian,let me say something i would never use : DEATH TO THE TERRORIST MULLAHS and ALL THOSE that SUPPORT them, PLO,etc.. !!

Hey Steph, how is the blogging coming along...? Have many visitors? ---
Ohh.. btw, what did you mean above?

Best,
kIan
ARH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Evil Reply with quote

You must thimk your so evil, well you haven't seen me yet!! Could kill someone with my toe nail
haleh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Evil Reply with quote

ARH wrote:
You must thimk your so evil, well you haven't seen me yet!! Could kill someone with my toe nail

What do you mean ARH?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [FREE IRAN Project] In The Spirit Of Cyrus The Great Forum Index -> News Briefs & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: